Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2003, 11:46 AM   #1
Bernardo
Manshoon

Hey guys, I really like Minsc... I mean, he might be stupid with his hamster and all, but he never is depressed (aaaahhh we are all friends, there's you, Boo and me... HAMSTERS AND RANGERS EVERYWHERE !!!!!!!!!!!), and I find him the best of all... so I just wanted to know how do you judge him.
Old 06-17-2003, 11:54 AM   #2
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

Last time I was creating my party it was hard for me to remove him. He makes the game more 'colorful' and he also was the Meli's big problem [img]smile.gif[/img]
He is force and he is funny so I just like him.
Merlin from Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2003, 12:04 PM   #3
Bernardo
Manshoon

You are right!!!
He is the only NPC I would never, ever, ever let go away from my group.
Apart this he is even well-skilled and almost never comlaining!

MINSC IS THE BEST
Old 06-17-2003, 12:06 PM   #4
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

He is clearly insane. He makes an excellent tank. Boo is a powerful warrior. He amused me the first two times thru the game, but then I found his rantings rather annoying. But overall I consider him to be one the more succesfull NPC's you can get. A-
Old 06-17-2003, 12:11 PM   #5
IronDragon
Elminster

While I like the big ox I rarely take him along with me.
I always play good and I find it tough to justify bringing along someone who is in such obvious need of help. Worse Minsc often messes up conversations and attacks people your trying to talk to. And no one likes messy berserker rages. It’s bad enough when a bad guy kills Imoen, its worse when one of your party members does it for them.

I find other characters more useful. Dual wielding maces has just never been helpful and if your going to have points in dual wield you should use them.

I prefer Keldorn or Valygar for tanking (and I know there are those who refuse to accept Valygar’s tank status but try to deal with it as best you can.)
Old 06-17-2003, 03:28 PM   #6
Jan

Good old Minsc. Was always by my side in BG2. One of those NPC's I couldn't kick out of the party but he might not be so lucky next time.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:17 PM   #7
Tancred
White Dragon

Huzzah for the Minscster(not easy to pronounce, that...)! Very, very capable NPC. Strong as a bull, solid as a house. If you understand where he's coming from and his way of looking at the world, I find Minsc is not insane; he's just a man who believes in the classic heroic sagas! Ok, so life's not like that. To Minsc, it damn well ought to be, and he's going to buttkick the world until it is. I can respect that.

Dual-wielding maces no good, you say? I used to have Minsc carrying a double-handed sword mostly when starting out (plenty of those lying around) but since he was already pretty proficient in those I used his proficiency points to build him up into a dual-wielding axe maniac. Very beserkeresque. At that point, I found I had a pair of axes ready for him. Not only that, but he's a fair shot with a longbow too! AND he can go stealth for those times when you need it! *AND* He can charm animals and rage!

Rage no good, you say? One of the best uses for it, I found, was to sneak Minsc past the bad guys, have him change his armour when he got there, and attack the enemy on two fronts; one of them consisting of me and the other 5 and the other a beserk, axe-wielding Minsc. mostly he fell upon their archers and wizards... Heh!

[ 06-17-2003, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Tancred ]
Old 06-17-2003, 07:12 PM   #8
Faceman
Hathor

Minsc rocks! No better tank in the game (I don't like Korgan and his proficiencies in Axe why doesn't he have them in Warhammers).
Lots of funny party interaction!
And Boo IS mighty. Try to clua him in ( CreateCreature("Boo") )!
I only dump him if I play evil.
Correction: I did not take him along with my last good party as my PC was a ranger already and I wanted to have the full Paladin club (Keldorn, Anomen and Mazzy) which left me with only two open spaces for mages/druids/clerics. Filled them with Imoen and Jaheira.
Old 06-17-2003, 08:22 PM   #9
Dadams1
Drow Warrior

Minsc is definitely my favorite NPC. He's an awesome tank, and he has awesome banter. I don't think I've ever played without him in my party... It would just be so hard to let him go...
Old 06-17-2003, 08:52 PM   #10
Nerull
Lord Ao

He's definitely one of my favorites. He's very good in the party, with excellent versatility (stealth, strength, melee and missile proficiency, etc.). His dialogs are awesome. I am playing a "knight" party right now, so this is the first good guy group where I got rid of Minsc (a lot harder emotionally than I expected!). It's just not as much fun without the big guy!
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote