Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2001, 10:09 AM   #21
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
If you come to Sydney I'll take you all out - just don't expect to get home till midday the following day. I'll even take Azure out and buy beers for him at the bar (as long as he pays me back afterwards).

But I will be in Sydney around Christmas Time methinks before I go on my holiday to mexico city Now that makes Sydney look like a hamlet Well if I do come down to Sydney Ill warn ya before hand and if we can get these buggers over to aus we can go for drinks

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.
Old 10-03-2001, 10:51 AM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
But I will be in Sydney around Christmas Time methinks before I go on my holiday to mexico city Now that makes Sydney look like a hamlet Well if I do come down to Sydney Ill warn ya before hand and if we can get these buggers over to aus we can go for drinks

Gimme a buzz or drop me a line when you're in town and we'll hit the piss. You'll sleep all the way to Mexico City, I guarantee it.

------------------
Old 10-03-2001, 11:22 AM   #23
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

just watch out for the funnel web spiders!!! I hate.... spiders....

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

Old 10-03-2001, 11:36 AM   #24
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Oh! That actually prompted a question, Gwhanos....

Memnoch, do you frequently run across creepies like funnel webs often 'down there'?
I watch a lot of Croc Files and such and he makes it seem like you have to constantly watch your every step for some sort of poisonous critter.

I found out this summer that America has it's own funnel webs. I've had black widows and scorpions in my house and last fall saw a Wolf spider with babies on her back. But this summer I got really freaked out when I noticed a funnel web spider had built her funnel web over my FRONT DOOR! Fortunately, I don't use my front door and I can see the attraction: a front light that attracts bugs, but SHEESH! I left her alone for a while, but finally had to run her off because I didn't want her babies finding their way into my house.

Since it sounds like you were 'exploring' a bit on your vacation, I just wondered if you had any 'run-ins' with the wilder side.

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-03-2001, 11:53 AM   #25
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I've GOT to visit Australia some day, sounds like a beautiful country, I keep hearing a lot about scorpions, spiders and snakes which you constantly have to watch out for, is it really so bad that you have to watch out for them all the time? And do you have many wasps in Australia? How about Killer Bees? I'm just SO scared of wasps and bees, I once put on a shirt that had a wasp inside, it managed to sting me 3 times and bite me five times before I got it out, ever since that happened I've always checked my shirts before putting them on.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.
Old 10-03-2001, 01:32 PM   #26
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Hey if both yall come to live in Sydney for awhile that would be kick ass
Im only a few hours drive away from there. Hey why neithern of you on MSN?

Uhm, Adam, you have me in your list if I'm not mistaken, we had that conversation with Rikard with it, remember??

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
I'd be Mirac, mighty mage of er... uhm.. er.. - Mirac Honorguard
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
Old 10-03-2001, 01:39 PM   #27
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Oh! That actually prompted a question, Gwhanos....

Memnoch, do you frequently run across creepies like funnel webs often 'down there'?
I watch a lot of Croc Files and such and he makes it seem like you have to constantly watch your every step for some sort of poisonous critter.

I found out this summer that America has it's own funnel webs. I've had black widows and scorpions in my house and last fall saw a Wolf spider with babies on her back. But this summer I got really freaked out when I noticed a funnel web spider had built her funnel web over my FRONT DOOR! Fortunately, I don't use my front door and I can see the attraction: a front light that attracts bugs, but SHEESH! I left her alone for a while, but finally had to run her off because I didn't want her babies finding their way into my house.

Since it sounds like you were 'exploring' a bit on your vacation, I just wondered if you had any 'run-ins' with the wilder side.

You live with spiders.... I really couldn't live there, I HATE SPIDERS *Mirac chills all over* I would be armed with a huge sliper and batted and splatted every spider I saw crawling around.

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
I'd be Mirac, mighty mage of er... uhm.. er.. - Mirac Honorguard
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
Old 10-03-2001, 01:52 PM   #28
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Hmmm.... What's the food like in Australia? That's something I've GOT to know if I'm going to go there some day.

------------------
Worshipper of Tiax.
Wielder of the ancient Lawyer spells.
Member of the HADB clan.

Ally of the Fluffy Queen and the Dreaded Red Fluffy
General of the highest class and Leader of the Legal Department in the IW Peacekeeping Force.
ORT member, Official Demander of Stuff.
Old 10-03-2001, 02:58 PM   #29
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirac Honorguard:

You live with spiders.... I really couldn't live there, I HATE SPIDERS *Mirac chills all over* I would be armed with a huge sliper and batted and splatted every spider I saw crawling around.
Well, I don't like spiders crawling on me or too close to me, but I don't try to kill them unless I know or suspect they are poisonous and are in my house. Spiders serve a purpose - that of killing other annoying insects or helping keep the population of other insect species in check. The only creatures I have yet to understand what their purpose in this world is are the bloodsucking ones: horseflies, mosquitos, ticks and fleas. Don't know why the heck those things are here!

Oh, yes! Good one Neb - what IS the food like there?

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

[This message has been edited by DragonMage (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-04-2001, 06:54 AM   #30
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirac Honorguard:
Uhm, Adam, you have me in your list if I'm not mistaken, we had that conversation with Rikard with it, remember??

yeah i know
I was just wondering why you were not logged on msn at the time

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

Overlord of all that I behold and anything that i happen to not notice either.

Founding Hamlet of the HADB.