Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2002, 03:03 PM   #11
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Aw, Kaz, there can be Axes without Hitler. Georgie just called a spade a bloody shovel. Those states are menaces, pure and simple, and if Europeans don't feel comfortable talking about it, we Americans do, outside the media elite.
Old 05-24-2002, 03:25 PM   #12
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I don't think he's gonna do any harm really, if bush is as stupid as his critis put him out to be, let's just hope he doesn't declare war on Iraq @_@
Old 05-24-2002, 03:27 PM   #13
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Aw, Kaz, there can be Axes without Hitler. Georgie just called a spade a bloody shovel. Those states are menaces, pure and simple, and if Europeans don't feel comfortable talking about it, we Americans do, outside the media elite.
I agree with you Attalus (obviously) still it could be seen as a faux pas in Germany to use those particular words.

Old 05-24-2002, 03:36 PM   #14
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Oh, I get it, like his calling the War on Terrorism a "Crusade." LOL, who knew that people were so sensitve about those things. Like saying "rope" in the house of the hanged, as my father used to say.
Old 05-24-2002, 04:25 PM   #15
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

...iran, iraq and north korea are a menace ? what made you think that ? Apart from Iraq i am not aware of a threat posed from any of these countries. On the other hand i am well aware of Granada, Panama and Viet-Nam. Countries having been attacked by the US, without legal reasons...

...just as i mentioned above US didn't strike back, they did strike forth...

...i guess you people like going to war too much; however under the circumstances George had been elected, maybe there's some thruth in 'Wack the Dog'...
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
Old 05-24-2002, 04:45 PM   #16
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by lord_gabriel:
...iran, iraq and north korea are a menace ? what made you think that ? Apart from Iraq i am not aware of a threat posed from any of these countries. On the other hand i am well aware of Granada, Panama and Viet-Nam. Countries having been attacked by the US, without legal reasons...

...i guess you people like going to war too much; however under the circumstances George had been elected, maybe there's some thruth in 'Wack the Dog'...
If you know of no threat posed by Iraq, Iran, Syria, N. Korea, China and several other middle eastern countries you realy realy REALLY need to do a little homework on where the weapons and funding for terrorist groups are coming from, You also need to look up a little info on who is suspected to be the most likely user of Nuclear, Chemical and Biological weapons on large civilian populations dude....

These countries have been on the intelligence watch list for more than a decade......god where do you get your information?

Edit: I just noticed you are in Germany...umm several years ago it was found that it was German companies that were supplying some of these countries with the tools and technology and parts for nuclear, chemical and biologicals...it was a rather large smelly political mess.....do you remember that? If you do you should know about the countries I listed.

[ 05-24-2002, 04:48 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 05-24-2002, 05:01 PM   #17
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
...iran, iraq and north korea are a menace ? what made you think that ? Apart from Iraq i am not aware of a threat posed from any of these countries.
You don't read or listen to the news much do you?
Let's see...
Noth Korea - Exporting missile technology and attempting to develop nuclear weapons.
Iran - Importing missile technology, attempting to develop nuclear weapons as well as other weapons of mass destruction and supporting and exporting terrorist organizations such as Hizzbalah.
Libya - Trying to develop nuclear weapons and other weapons of mass destruction such as nerve gas and biological weapons.
Syria - Attempting to develop weapons of mass destruction, support of any and all terrorist groups to be found in Lebanon.

I think that qualifies them to all become members of the Axis of Evil!
Old 05-24-2002, 05:14 PM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

A German telling Americans "you people like going to war too much" That has got to be the most hypocritical statement I've read... all day.

Listen bucko, if the Americans, the defenders of freedoms in Europe, had been less isolationist, and more active in foreign affairs, it's arguable your countrymen may not have caused the destruction and misery they did.

How dare you, with all your nations past aggression sit in judgement on the American people. It's laughable.

Besides which, your facts are wrong, you display ignorance of current affairs regarding North Korea et al, and you have not grasped the concept of retaliation plus cause and effect.

If there was no attack on WTC there would be no war in Afgahnistan.

If there were no US bases in Arabia, there would be no attack on WTC.

If there were no Israel there would be no attack on WTC

If there was no Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, there would be no US bases in Saudi Arabia.

If there was no British colonialism, there would be no Kuwait for Iraq to invade, and of course...

If there were no holocaust, no mass murder of Jewish civilians by the German Government and German military, there would be no Israel.

If there was no Invasion of Britain by Germans and Danes (Angles and Saxons) there would be no British colonialism.

So, following two strands of consequence - Israel and the Saudi/US bases - without the German aggression there would be no war in Afgahnistan.

So, it's all your fault Lord Gabriel. You and your people are to blame for everything.

Or, you can get a perspective and stop pointing the finger. When you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 05-24-2002, 05:17 PM   #19
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

"I guess you people like going to war too much" I guess the U.N. likes us to do their dirty work for them
Old 05-24-2002, 05:24 PM   #20
MagiK

[quote]Originally posted by Yorick:
Quote:
A German telling Americans "you people like going to war too much" That has got to be the most hypocritical statement I've read... all day.

Listen bucko, if the Americans, the defenders of freedoms in Europe, had been less isolationist, and more active in foreign affairs, it's arguable your countrymen may not have caused the destruction and misery they did.

How dare you, with all your nations past aggression sit in judgement on the American people. It's laughable.

Besides which, your facts are wrong, you display ignorance of current affairs regarding North Korea et al, and you have not grasped the concept of retaliation plus cause and effect.

If there was no attack on WTC there would be no war in Afgahnistan.

If there were no US bases in Arabia, there would be no attack on WTC.

If there were no Israel there would be no attack on WTC

If there was no Iraqi invasion of Kuwait, there would be no US bases in Saudi Arabia.

If there was no British colonialism, there would be no Kuwait for Iraq to invade, and of course...

If there were no holocaust, no mass murder of Jewish civilians by the German Government and German military, there would be no Israel.

If there was no Invasion of Britain by Germans and Danes (Angles and Saxons) there would be no British colonialism.

So, following two strands of consequence - Israel and the Saudi/US bases - without the German aggression there would be no war in Afgahnistan.

So, it's all your fault Lord Gabriel. You and your people are to blame for everything.

Or, you can get a perspective and stop pointing the finger. When you point a finger there are three pointing back at you.
Ahhh Yorick...I am totally astounded...Im speechless even.....I never ever thought of it like that LOL....I knew each and every one of those and never strung them together to come up with that little bout of deduction.....It probably could have been said a bit more tactfully but wow...What can I say but Touche'