Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2000, 06:25 PM   #1
Adhrael

Are somehow worthy the golden pantaloons ?
If they are only a non usable item, why do I have to identify them ?
Old 06-10-2000, 04:41 AM   #2
Moggl

You should identify the golden pantaloons to make sure to get some XP for them.
There is also a QUEST with them:

****** SPOIL ******

Normally, you are meant to take the pantaloons, identify them, and hand them back to their owner and get some XP. Later in the game, you'll meet Mr Shade in 'The Splurging Sturgeon' and you can talk to him for hours but it will never ever amount to anything.
OR:
You take them along with you, all the way to the city of Baldur's Gate. There, in a tavern called 'The Splurging Sturgeon', you'll meet Mr Shade. You'll talk rubbish to him for a while until: He'll tell you he was meant to meet the rightful owner of the pantaloons and that you're not the one, and he'll call you a thief and tell you you won't get any XP for that, and he'll snatch the pantaloons from you and dash off.
- weird easteregg, isn't it?!
Old 06-10-2000, 05:48 AM   #3
Adhrael

How can you know such things ????
Are you the Baldur´s designer or what ????
Old 06-10-2000, 07:12 AM   #4
Moggl

Nah, unfortunately not.
I've been playing the game for a really really loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time and all I've explored so far is the ways of good players. For about a month now, I've been playing a neutral setup, and once I've finished, I'll try the evil alignment. What keeps me going back to the game over and over again is that everytime I play there are new aspects to it.
Example: Having Jaheira in your party or not determines how the druids in Cloakwood react towards you.
Old 06-10-2000, 07:13 AM   #5
Moggl

PS: I do have an army of veteran Moggls...
Old 04-27-2002, 05:37 AM   #6
cloud88
Manshoon

spoiler

ive heard that you can get a great armor from em
just keep em in yuorbagpack and import your saved game into
bg2 there you can somehow find golden shirt and then import to
bg2 ToB there you can find like golden-something after that you can go to someone and that someone puts it topgheter into a armor
/i dont know if its true thought
Some little angel tries to tell me that it\'s over,<br />It\'s just a bad reflection from above.<br />The load upon my shoulder makes me stronger, even bolder,<br />Oh no no, I haven\'t had enough.<br />-Heaven can wait, another fine reason to live.
cloud88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 08:44 AM   #7
David15
Dungeon Master

I heard that if you had the pantaloons in BGII then you could met the gut that gave them to you. According to my 2nd cousin he says that they're dirtier than when he gave them to you.
David15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 09:25 AM   #8
NamelessOne
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SPOILER

If you import your character into BG2 and he has the pantloons on him you'll find them in irenicus' dungeon. Then later on you can ransom a women in exchange for some silver ones. And in ToB there are some people that you ask to get a beholder eye stalk and they'll give you bronze pantalets aswell. You bring these to a knome on the balthazar's city and he'll combine them into an armour that has custom weapons on it. It also turns your chacacter's paper doll into an iron golem
Old 04-27-2002, 02:08 PM   #9
Lanthir
Drizzt Do'Urden

Spoiler

A very very very powerful Golem that tends to decomate everythin gin it's path.
Old 04-27-2002, 08:13 PM   #10
The Jabberwocky
The Magister

http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursga...oonsenigma.php

Click for the truth behind the pantaloons.