Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2002, 01:48 PM   #11
Lavindathar
Harper

It's all very well them taking over the world, but how do we stop them? I mean, an Armidillo isn't going to help is it? Even if he is wearing a mauve hat!! He needs someone he can talk to, to think this through. If Mr.Armadillo is going to save the world, he needs a Squirrel, a hammer, and a peanut. Then he might get somewhere.
Old 02-17-2002, 02:01 PM   #12
Sigmar
Unicorn

quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
It's all very well them taking over the world, but how do we stop them? I mean, an Armidillo isn't going to help is it? Even if he is wearing a mauve hat!! He needs someone he can talk to, to think this through. If Mr.Armadillo is going to save the world, he needs a Squirrel, a hammer, and a peanut. Then he might get somewhere.
Alas I have tried all that you have suggested, the hammer was showing promise but he refused to go any further then holding it. My 42 mysterious monks aren't doing too well either, they've just found out how many people Bill clinton has made love to, what the meaning of life is and how many differant people it truly takes to change a light bulb. But we're no where closer to our required answer. I feel we must resort to desperate measures, the summoning of......the blue duck. I know he is one hell of a wild card but what over option do we have damn it?
Old 02-17-2002, 02:06 PM   #13
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
Alas I have tried all that you have suggested, the hammer was showing promise but he refused to go any further then holding it. My 42 mysterious monks aren't doing too well either, they've just found out how many people Bill clinton has made love to, what the meaning of life is and how many differant people it truly takes to change a light bulb. But we're no where closer to our required answer. I feel we must resort to desperate measures, the summoning of......the blue duck. I know he is one hell of a wild card but what over option do we have damn it?

Surely there's no need to go that far!
Reconsider Sigmar! I urge you to reconsider!
Old 02-17-2002, 02:08 PM   #14
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Not the blue duck, and what then if even that does not work?!
Mayhap we will have to call on the awesome, wild and unpredictable power of the 4 horned purple rhinoceros!!!
Old 02-17-2002, 02:25 PM   #15
Sigmar
Unicorn

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
Not the blue duck, and what then if even that does not work?!
Mayhap we will have to call on the awesome, wild and unpredictable power of the 4 horned purple rhinoceros!!!

Silence, don't ever utter those words unless you are told to do so, for they can always hear and to say their name is to call upon death itself (and he gets REALLY annoyed if his schedule is altered). If the blue duck can't help us them I'm afraid that the...four creatures would be in no position to do so either. Regin, I am sorry but I know of no other way. I will go around collecting the items required to summon the blue duck(you know the usual, marmalade, french shoe, African dung beetles,etc). Unless someone can offer another method, but remember it has to be more powerful then the... blue duck and the four creatures.

[ 02-17-2002: Message edited by: Sigmar ]

Old 02-17-2002, 02:29 PM   #16
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Okay Sigmar..I'll help you gather the ingredients..
May the mighty one be with us..
Old 02-17-2002, 02:30 PM   #17
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
It is the same with sound. If there is no one to hear it then all that exists are vibrations in the air. So no, the tree makes no "sound" as such.

Actually Barry that's not true at all. There are sonic frequencies beyond human reception. Dogs hear higher soundwaves than us, and there are subsonic bass frequencies. Sound waves exist whether we can interpret them or not.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-17-2002, 02:39 PM   #18
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(Psssst, I wrote Rhinoceros, that means 1 rhino with 4 horns)
But anyway, if the power of these is not great enough, we may have to call upon the green spotted duck billed platypus of many bills!!!
From now on I urge people to refer to him a merely as the GSDBPMB, because (like the rhino) to speak hi strue name is invitng trouble, and if he is ticked off, your certain death, and the death of all near.
Heed my warning, he does not like being disturbed!!!!
Old 02-17-2002, 02:39 PM   #19
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

you see, these discussions go on forever when we ask the wrong questions
what we should ask is:
If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, does anybody care?
this can be applied to all such questions.
the answer i believe would typically be- no.
Old 02-17-2002, 02:52 PM   #20
Sigmar
Unicorn

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
(Psssst, I wrote Rhinoceros, that means 1 rhino with 4 horns)
But anyway, if the power of these is not great enough, we may have to call upon the green spotted duck billed platypus of many bills!!!
From now on I urge people to refer to him a merely as the GSDBPMB, because (like the rhino) to speak hi strue name is invitng trouble, and if he is ticked off, your certain death, and the death of all near.
Heed my warning, he does not like being disturbed!!!!

I knew that, but you should know that there are four rhinos not one, fool. AS for the platypus he was captured by the great,great grandfather dough boy who then fancied he liked it and he wore it as a hat ever since, nice try though. The playpus didn't mind being a hat thouh for some bizarre reason.