Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 08:21 AM   #1
Vassago
Manshoon

I am currently planning a multi class Rogue. I was thinking of starting him out as Rogue 1, then taking 4 levels of Fighter to boost hit points, gain extra feats and possible become master in small blade weapons. My Rogue is a strongheart hafling w/ 12/20/14/16/10/6 stats. I orginally was thinking of taking the Ambidexterity & Two-Weapon Fighting feats because I want him to be dual-wielding. I am having trouble though on whether I want to mix him w/ a Fighter or take a level of Ranger and choose to different feats. Also, at what level should I consider stopping Rogue and picking up the other class?

Thanks,
Vassago
Old 10-28-2002, 09:45 AM   #2
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

I have a fighter/thief too. She's human.

The formula is easy!

10 levels of rogue, the rest is fighter.

10 levels of rogue is enough (improved evasion,slippery mind!)

However, I want to dual-wield. She's my only dual-wielder. So I took 1 level ranger to get dual-wielding feats for free. She's 1 Ranger/10 Rogue now. I'll go as 2 Fighter/1 Ranger/10 Rogue to avoid xp penalty. 3 Fighter/2 Ranger, 4 Fighter, 3 Ranger etc.. (no xp penalty if 1 level difference between fighter and ranger levels) or if you dont care about free feats you can go as ranger/rogue too.

4 Fighter/4 Ranger/10 Rogue she'll be through the final.

My advice is,

Rogue 10 / Ranger x

OR

Rogue 10 / Ranger X / Fighter X

Weapon Specialization = Small Blade, Bows !!!

Take weapon finesse feat it's great for rogue/rangers.

My stats are

STR 14
DEX 18
CON 14
INT 12
WIS 10
CHA 8

If I had the chance to restart, I'll keep her human too but for stats:

STR 14
DEX 18
CON 16
INT 10 (if you are human 10 int is enough, 12 int will be enough for tiefling HINT: even if your int is 3, you get 2 skill points if you are human but my rogue is not stupid

WIS 10
CHA 8 (she's very wild)

Focus on small blade and bow.
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote