Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2003, 12:44 PM   #1
Dobian
Dungeon Master

My first rude surprise when starting to play TOB was that I would be playing on a new map. All the cool stuff I had stashed in the docks district of Athkatla is now out of reach. At the very least, I could have sold a bunch of it off and been rich. Oh well, I'll have to build up my stash again.
Dobian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 12:57 PM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

You should stash your llot in CC for example and in chp six get it back...use Shadowkeeper or CLUA
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 01:02 PM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

U could have just takin all u needed in the bag of holding etc.. and sold the rest. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2003, 01:09 PM   #4
Alson
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
You should stash your llot in CC for example and in chp six get it back...use Shadowkeeper or CLUA
The Copper Coronet is actually a bad choice, here. You see - there are two seprate area files for the inn - pre-release & post-release. If you stash anything in the pre-release one, it won't be there after the, well, release. As a side note - same goes for the de'Arnise Keep.
In memory of Ilan Ramon - the first Israeli astronaut.<br /><br /><br />[url]\"http://members.chello.nl/~j.vanthull/BG2SR/Home.htm\" target=\"_blank\">BGII Spells Reference</a> - everything you ever wanted to know about spells!
Alson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 01:17 PM   #5
Dobian
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
U could have just takin all u needed in the bag of holding etc.. and sold the rest. [img]graemlins/firedevil.gif[/img]
I forgot to take stuff with me when I went to Suldaneselar. It never occured to me about what would happen when the game was over, I was too caught up in the story. I had the bag of holding and a lot of empty slots, so I could easily have brought a lot of things with me. After I started TOB, I wasn't going to go back to a saved SOA game and run back to Athkatla, then run back to the elf city and go to Hell all over again. I'm not going to CLUA the stuff back in inventory, I like to play the game straight. I forgot the stuff, it's my loss. My team will get me through. There's a lot of items you can pick up in this game, I see already, and my monk is a wrecking machine that will get them for me. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2003, 10:20 PM   #6
dulouz
Manshoon

Don't worry about losing the value of the items really. Your bags will be overflowing with +2 and +3 items its crazy how much money you can make. If it's the power of the items, there are only a few items that you might really miss, and those you probably had on you through the underdark and suldenesellar. You will find very powerfull items that will make you forget about all but the best SoA items.

Like the Equalizer. what a dissapointment. After its forged, you have such a short time to use it, and even then there are better choices. especially in ToB. but i keep in in my backpack because it just looks cool.

dulouz.
dulouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 10:59 PM   #7
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dobian:
I'm not going to CLUA the stuff back in inventory, I like to play the game straight. I forgot the stuff, it's my loss.
It's not your fault that the game won't let you travel to the Docks District any more, and I certainly don't recall the game giving you any warning, either. ("Welcome to Suldenessellar! Population 1127 483 39! Did you remember to gather up all of the items you might want to carry over to ToB?") I don't see anything wrong with a little CLUA action, if it's just to get your stuff back.

And you don't need to CLUA every individual item: Just select your whole party, say
CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("AR0300")
And whammo! Docks District. I just leave my stuff in Renal Bloodscalp's Guildhouse--the Pocket Plane has lousy storage, so if I jump to the Pocket Plane, CLUA to Renal's ("AR0305"), do my inventory-shuffling, CLUA back to the Pocket Plane, then leave the Plane to go back to Tethyr, where's the harm in that?
(Make sure to write down the Area Code for the Pocket Plane before you go, though.)
Old 06-24-2003, 11:58 AM   #8
Dobian
Dungeon Master

I'm still in Suldanesselar, and already I've added 9k to my bank account plus +6 armor for Jaheira, while stocking up on +3 and +4 bullets and getting Anomen a new +3 mace (I lost the Skullcrusher somewhere in the Underdark. I searched forever and couldn't find it. Don't know how that happened). So far the fights seem to center around taking out the opposing mage, which isn't difficult since I have two mages of my own.
Old 06-30-2003, 03:31 AM   #9
Dobian
Dungeon Master

I meant Saradush, my bad.
Old 07-06-2003, 07:45 PM   #10
Tancred
White Dragon

Or even just a tip in between loading screens. Something like that. That would have been easy and seamless and wouldn't have needed some out-of-character 'bring all your goodies first!' statement on Elthan's part, or whatever.