Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2006, 02:15 PM   #1
cris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

if your PC is multi class(or dual class) how will the stronghold quests work?
will you get two places, a choice of one or the other, or a predetermined one which you cannot choose?
Also, what are the available strongholds for the different classes?
cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:22 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

It depends on the multiclass, in general you can only take one, but if one of your classes is fighter do the keep quest to obtain it, but say "let me think about it" get your other stronghold and come back to claim the keep and you can have two. Otherwise you need to use something like Shadowkeeper to get more than 1.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #3
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

this should help

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=2;t=023410
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:36 PM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

There's the Ease-Of-Use mod that lets you take multiple strongholds if I'm not mistaking.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Without cheating or using mods that cheat for you, if you are eligible for more than one stronghold, whichever one you accept first becomes your stronghold, and no more will be offered.

Bug: Ranger/Clerics are not eligible for the Cleric stronghold. Installing the Oversight mod fixes this.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #6
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

I tend to disagree, Six. This would not consider cheating, as it could easily become part of the game. I just recently did this with a Fighter/Druid

I first did my stronghold quest, by taking out hte shadow druids, then killed the Trolls. Well, I thought I should just well, do some other quests, instead of sleeping over and over till the next quest.

So I did the De'Arnise quest. At the end of that, I didn't have Nalia in my party, she offered the keep to me. Lo and behold, I have two strongholds! To be frank, I think this would work with any combo of Fighter multiclass, but I don't think it would work with a F/M/T.

Some may think of it as cheating, but I disagree. This is something that anyone could have stumbled upon, especially on a first run through.

Just my 2 cents.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:53 PM   #7
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

I'd class it as a bug, because I don't believe that Bioware intended for characters to have multiple strongholds (by limiting a character to one stronghold per runthrough, you are expanding the life of the game considerably).

I don't believe that exploiting a bug, and cheating are the same thing however. As stated above, it is a legitimate mistake that could be made.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:35 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The way that Nalia can be worked around (in the default game) so that the Keep can be run concurrently with another stronghold would either be a bug or an oversight, depending on your preferred terminology. Either way, it's something BioWare didn't intend.

True, I see no reason why a heroic, mighty Bhaalspawn couldn't run two or more strongholds at a time--indeed, they could (and do) pretty much run the entire nation of Amn. But that's in a SINGLE game. Over MANY games, being limited to only the stronghold that best fits your class is what gives the stronghold quests their replay value, and replay value is what makes BG so robust--without it, there would be no mods, and this forum probably wouldn't even exist.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #9
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

cris,,,,if you decide to use the "multiple strongholds" mod, get ready for some traveling! You will be getting jerked around constantly to maintain some of the strongholds. The bard and thief strongholds are especially in need of micromanaging. Good luck.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:22 AM   #10
cris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

On the link Armen posted, i didn't see any reference to what stronghold a monk, barbarian or sorcerer would get?
it would be kind of unfair if they don't get one.
it might make sense to give the sorcerer tha same as the mage and barbarian the same as fighter but that still leaves the monk?
cris is offline   Reply With Quote