Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2002, 02:24 PM   #1
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I'm sure this has been posted, but thought it was interesting and would be useful for people who never saw the old one.

Water or coke? Water / Coke: This is really an eye opener. We all know that water is important but I've never seen it written down like this before.

WATER

1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.

2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.

3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.

4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.

5. Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.

6. Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.

7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.

8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%, and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.

Now For The Properties Of COKE

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the truck to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous China.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a rumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To bake a moist ham: Empty a can of Coca-Cola into the baking pan, wrap the ham in aluminum foil, and bake. Thirty minutes before the ham is finished, remove the foil, allowing the drippings to mix with the Coke for sumptuous brown gravy.

8. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FOR YOUR INFO

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days. Phosphoric acid also leaches calcium from bones and is a major contributor to the rising increase in osteoporosis.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Now the question is, would you like a glass of water or coke?
Old 09-23-2002, 03:27 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I have heard of some of these before, but seriously...has anyone ever tried to dissolve a nail in a can of Coke before?

Can you say that all of that listed above is factual?

Why does it not apply to Pepsi?
Old 09-23-2002, 03:29 PM   #3
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I remember a class experiment in primary school (A BIT like your junoir high...but younger) where we left a tooth in a glass of coke for a week and one in a glass of water.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:34 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
That's all i needed to know, coca cola kicks ass.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:43 PM   #5
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

and? i like coke. if i die from it so be it. im not going to live off of water and vegetables just to live forever. im going to eat meat, and drink coke and beer and die a happy man. just my opinion though. i drink alot of pop, but i drink water too, just for the dehydration factor. im not fat, im not lazy, and im rather healthy. i brush my teeth, so it wont ruin them, and i eat healthy (for the most part).
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 09-23-2002, 03:54 PM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

I've tried putting 1/2lb of ground beef in coke, it was gone in two days, and smelled really good, haven't tried the nail bit.
Old 09-23-2002, 04:07 PM   #7
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
and? i like coke. if i die from it so be it. im not going to live off of water and vegetables just to live forever. im going to eat meat, and drink coke and beer and die a happy man. just my opinion though. i drink alot of pop, but i drink water too, just for the dehydration factor. im not fat, im not lazy, and im rather healthy. i brush my teeth, so it wont ruin them, and i eat healthy (for the most part).
Amen Haleluja! Well said and exactly my way of thinking too
Old 09-23-2002, 04:09 PM   #8
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Most of these "facts" about Coke are nothing more than modern urban legends.

Check it out here: http://snopes.com/

Then hit the BACK button for many more urban myths surrounding Americas favorite soda.
Old 09-23-2002, 05:32 PM   #9
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Coke Tastes HORRIBLE Anyway!

Diet Coke All The Way!!!
Old 09-23-2002, 06:42 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Cerek...that was a very entertaining Weblink! I laughed my self to death at some of those ! Actually, I only went through and read the True ones...and some of those in the Marriage and Sex areas were hillarious! I cannot beleive that they are true, but they supply the newspaper date and all! Too wierd! And the Roto-Rooters finding a $4,000 diamond! Wow! Thanks for the link!