Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2001, 10:33 AM   #1
onthepequod
Quintesson

Since the board is so quite this morning I thought I would start a thread for the purpose of posting the odd sights we have seen, odd situations we have been involved in, or anything else odd that we have encountered. Hopefully this post will provide some humor for those reading.

Since I am starting this thread I shall begin.

Approximately once a month, for about a year now, I pass a blind man as I walk from my bus to the building I work in. While walking, this man holds in one hand the classic long cane those who are blind use to feel the upcoming terrain and in the other hand a lit cigarette. Only on one occasion did he not have a lit cigarette in his off hand. On that day his off hand was holding a cell phone he was using while walking down the street.

Now if you would please share your odd experience.

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-26-2001, 11:07 AM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

This is a bit odd and ummm well let's just leave it at odd.

There is an apartment complex just across from my apartments (only a little picnic area between). There is an attractive women who lives almost directly across from me who every morning opens her blinds and proceeds to undress right in front of the window. She then goes to take a shower. She comes back out and her mirror/make-up desk (vanity?) is right by the window.She does her make-up/hair while standing in front of the window completely nude, then gets dressed and closes the blinds!!! Every morning she does this, and I bet every morning there are a hundred eyes plastered to their windows in my apartment complex

It was appealing to me for about the first week, now I just check to see if she is still doing it and then go about my morning routine

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 06-27-2001, 03:08 PM   #3
Moni

I was here last night and checked "Who's Online"...I was the only person here! I swear I heard the theme from "The Twilight Zone"!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-27-2001, 03:29 PM   #4
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
I was here last night and checked "Who's Online"...I was the only person here! I swear I heard the theme from "The Twilight Zone"!

Moni
See, that is my typical bad luck again - or is it my stupidity ? A beautiful lady, a true princess even, all by herself out in the twilight zone, lonely, scared and disturbed - and where am I ? Nowhere to be seen !

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 06-27-2001, 03:31 PM   #5
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I had a similar experience to you, Moni, on MSN chat. A while back, I go on chat in the morning (I have alot of people on chat) and there was nobody there. Nobody! For a moment paranoia took over and I thought that they all hated me and blocked me. Then in a bit people started coming on, but I was really wondering until then.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB

Old 06-27-2001, 11:05 PM   #6
Moni

LOL Ramon! When did I become disturbed again?! I hate it when that happens!

Moni

------------------

Old 06-27-2001, 11:09 PM   #7
Moni

When I lived in Hawaii, I saw a man in an expensive looking suit wearing freshly spit shined shoes, picking up cigarette butts off the sidewalk and inspecting them closely. Some he would throw away in disgust, others he would stash in his jacket pocket, taking one out every now and them to light up and enjoy. Well I though that was odd!!

Old 06-28-2001, 08:51 AM   #8
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
LOL Ramon! When did I become disturbed again?! I hate it when that happens!

Moni

Oops ! It seems as if I really had had to have consulted my dictionary more carefully before posting that ! Sorry ! But what would be the right expression: alarmed, disquieted, perturbed, agitated ? So many words, so little a brain - sigh !

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 06-28-2001, 09:24 AM   #9
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
When I lived in Hawaii, I saw a man in an expensive looking suit wearing freshly spit shined shoes, picking up cigarette butts off the sidewalk and inspecting them closely. Some he would throw away in disgust, others he would stash in his jacket pocket, taking one out every now and them to light up and enjoy. Well I though that was odd!!
Hey!!! I sought counseling for that and at this point it is no longer one of my issues! I would greatly appreciate it if you would not bring that up again! Wait a minute…….please excuse me…….I need to go……(onthepequod thinks to himself *is that a cigarette butt I see down on the sidewalk?*)

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-28-2001, 09:34 AM   #10
Moni

Ramon, don't be embarassed! That was perfect! Too funny!
I got a kick out of the whole post. Sorry we could not share a quiet evening alone at Ironworks together.

Moni

------------------