Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2001, 01:04 AM   #1
Grebki
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm becoming suspicious of my trusty bag-o-holding. It seems to get filled up (i.e. the game tells me no more items can fit) and then later on there is suddenly room -- and I haven't touched it. I haven't noticed anything major missing, but is this some kind of bag of devouring disguised as a bag of holding or is it legitimate?

-Grebki

------------------
Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. And then I went and made at least three of them come true before lunch.
Old 04-02-2001, 01:06 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Grebki:
I'm becoming suspicious of my trusty bag-o-holding. It seems to get filled up (i.e. the game tells me no more items can fit) and then later on there is suddenly room -- and I haven't touched it. I haven't noticed anything major missing, but is this some kind of bag of devouring disguised as a bag of holding or is it legitimate?

-Grebki

bag of holding is very buggy

it has 20 slots, not unlimited space

some items like ring of air control can be stacked together in one slot, while the very same ring can also be fit into different slots. (dont ask me why)

so shit things happen

P.S. welcome to the board!

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 04-02-2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 05:58 AM   #3
Ransah
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, you can fill up the Bag of Holding pretty fast with arrows or bolts. I think the BoH has something like 100 slots... put a stack of 50 arrows there, and half of it's storage is filled...

- Ran
Old 04-02-2001, 06:22 AM   #4
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Yes, I too have found out about the wonderful Bag of Holding. I even installed the patch last week, thinking this problem would be corrected. But I notice, every once in awhile, I am missing things I know I was carrying in the bag of holding.

------------------

Seeker of Truth
Old 04-02-2001, 06:51 AM   #5
Bruce The Aussie
Fzoul Chembryl

so thats where my pommel must of gone. you see i put it in the bag of holding for, what i thought was, safe keeping. then it disapears. well at least i know were it went now

------------------

Bruce The Aussie, Camp Barbarian Hunter OHF
jester of LH and Master Beastmaster of the clan of the Kats
Old 04-03-2001, 11:08 AM   #6
Legolas the Elven Archer

I haven't noticed anything dissapearing unnoticed from my bag, so I don't know what kind of items you're missing. Isn't it possible they were all quest items you lose after completing the quest?
I might be wrong here, it could be a bug equally well. It isn't mentioned in the patch readme file though...

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 04-03-2001, 12:27 PM   #7
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i lost acorns before i ever went to windspear hills. i lost renfields body. i lost swords and armor. and lots of spells
this mostly happens when you change areas.
bag of holding is kind of worthless, your strong hold is better

------------------
Old 04-03-2001, 12:28 PM   #8
Hesperex

strange I have never had that problem. Must be the bag of infernal munching

------------------

My website http://hesperex.8k.com
Hesperex Freth: 1st son of Matron Mother Shi'nayne Freth, 1st house of Ched'Nesad. Weapon master and patron of house Freth.

Old 04-03-2001, 03:06 PM   #9
The Xlord
Dungeon Master

The Bag is shit!
I've lost one of the major things(I don't remember what but...)in the game, so I had to start all over again.
Don't use it!

The Xlord

------------------
Defender and master of Good archmagic
Homepage: http://www.nwh.itgo.com
Old 04-03-2001, 03:14 PM   #10
ShadowUK

hmmmmmmmm
mental note- never use the bag of holding again.

------------------