Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2002, 11:35 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

in everykinds of games, i prefer to be evilly aligned, because you have the right to mess with everybody, plus evil chars are cooler:

Gandalf Vs. Sauron, trust me, sauron is cooler

Bhaal Vs. umm.. Lathander, Bhaal!

Goku Vs. Vegeta(whoever watches DBZ, besides me), Vegeta is cooler

Gorion Vs. Sarevok, Evil again!

But the bad thing about evil is that in 99,9% of stories, evil loses(ugh! sometimes to faeries!)
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 11:49 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

In most video games, I have more fun playing as good than as evil, because game creator almost always devote 80%+ of their time to the good aspect of the game.

What make you think lathander is not as good as Bhaal? Do you even know about Lathander? What are his avatars? When is the song of Dawn performed? What and where is his largest temple? What is the name of his biggest military order? How does his priest garb themselves?
Old 03-25-2002, 12:15 PM   #3
banzai
Manshoon

Yep - he´s right almost all RPGs are strongly biased towards good. And so good is *cooler* because you have more options and the game as a whole is more interesting - besides just slashing and hacking everything around you, naturally ...
Old 03-25-2002, 04:18 PM   #4
Kronostia
The Magister

"Good" I mean eewwwwww..how can u be good when u can be evil and be obsessed with increasing in power so u ultimatly can become the LORD OF MURDER MWUAHHAHAH....
I mean my Main Char the Awfully Neutral Evil char Fistandelius...When he gets the feel for it he slaughters the entire population of Trademeet for the share pleasure of watching innocent "Good" ppl die ! IM GONNA TAKE OVER THE ENTIRE OF FAERUUN !!!! MWUAHAHHAHAHAHHA
Old 03-25-2002, 04:21 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

You won't have much left to take over if you keep up like that.
Old 03-25-2002, 04:26 PM   #6
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Well, as the Paladin-fan I am, I'd have to say Good. But it's also kinda fun to be Evil, knowing that however how much your rep drops, it's just good for you!

see ya!
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 04:33 PM   #7
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
In most video games, I have more fun playing as good than as evil, because game creator almost always devote 80%+ of their time to the good aspect of the game.

What make you think lathander is not as good as Bhaal? Do you even know about Lathander? What are his avatars? When is the song of Dawn performed? What and where is his largest temple? What is the name of his biggest military order? How does his priest garb themselves?
sorry! actually, yes, i don`t know anything about lathander exept that he`s a god of good and maybe had something to do with dawn stuff. but i know that bhaal is cool.his brothers, the necromancer myrkul and that tyrant god(whatever his name was) are cool maybe too.
Anyway, evil is much funner! and still, most evil chars are cooler than good though good has that major advantage.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2002, 12:02 PM   #8
Stile, The Blue Adept
Dungeon Master

I like Neutral! And in games where reputation is more realistic, I play Chaotic Neutral or True Neutral, they both have the similar feature of often switching sides, just for different reasons (or lack thereof as the case may be)

I can't say I would like to be evil, It wouldn't be fun if everything I did was for me and me alone, that's stressful with a party.. and then Good... I couldn't stand sacrificing myself for someone I don't know, I would sacrifice for love.. or few other things, but not a stranger
Old 03-26-2002, 12:14 PM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I am lost... why did you quote me?
Old 03-26-2002, 12:15 PM   #10
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

lol quoted luvian on accident, sorry!
Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
in everykinds of games, i prefer to be evilly aligned, because you have the right to mess with everybody, plus evil chars are cooler:

Gandalf Vs. Sauron, trust me, sauron is cooler

Bhaal Vs. umm.. Lathander, Bhaal!

Goku Vs. Vegeta(whoever watches DBZ, besides me), Vegeta is cooler

Gorion Vs. Sarevok, Evil again!

But the bad thing about evil is that in 99,9% of stories, evil loses(ugh! sometimes to faeries!)
yay anoter DBZ fan! Evil definatley, Vegeta could whoop Goku anyday....well almost anyday. I prefer Gogeta