Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 01:02 AM   #1
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Taking a cue from the "best random item drop" thread....

Since it appears that we now have a name for the dead cat you can get from the Jester's Bag of Holding, Patches, we need to figure out what the dead cat is for. True, right now the dead cat has no use, so we are going to create some.
I envision some dialogue options from different people about the dead cat; perhaps even the ability to use the cat as a weapon, a hat, or gloves depending upon where the item is placed.
If we wish to be more dignified with poor Patches, then burying him on Burial Isle might offer some experience and a point of reputation.

Anyway...let's come up with some ideas. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 07:56 AM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

You can wait until he goes still, then hold him by the tail, pop his claws out, and use him as a weapon.
Dead cat,
melee or ranged
+6
2d12 +6
-3 to charisma for swining a poor kitty

Bonus - you can see if tehre really IS room in here to swing a cat...

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:05 PM   #3
Krowlars
Dungeon Master

You could take it to a priest or druid in Kuldahar, so it would be ressurected and finally the shrine/city would have an animal walking by... And, of course, earn some experience points from that.
Krowlars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #4
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Well, since the cat isn't that big, it would have to be a melee weapon with a range approximating a short sword. Slashing damage, perhaps? I suppose he could inflict blunt damage, if you turn him around....

I concur with the charisma penalty--no one wants to see that. [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img]

If the cat gets resurrected, perhaps someone might be looking for a pet. Who in the game could possibly want a cuddly kitty cat as a pet? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]

[ 07-26-2005, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: Azred ]

Old 07-26-2005, 02:09 PM   #5
Jaguar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

http://www.undergroundhumor.com/book...htm#frontcover

That'll give you a few good ideas.
Music to my ears; \"I love you, daddy.\"<br /><br />--Holly, my three-year old baby.<br /><br />Visit my friends and I at [url]\"http://www.golom.com/forums\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.golom.com/forums</a>
Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

I remember when that book came out. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] In fact, it's why I titled the thread as I did. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

Old 07-26-2005, 04:28 PM   #7
Lymond
Manshoon

First off, thank you for your support of poor Patches!

I thinking wearing him on the head would be beneficial. Of course, there's no denying the -3 to charisma. On the other hand, you would have a +10% resistance to cold and +2 to all saving throws, on account of the morale boost that comes with wearing your best friend on your head.

Initially, I thought Patches could be a quick slot item with nine charges of resurrection, but obviously he used them all up.

Lymond
Old 07-26-2005, 05:18 PM   #8
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

*while party is happily tucking into unidentifyed burgers*
"hey, I thought we ran out of meat? And where's patches?"

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 05:20 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Lymond:
First off, thank you for your support of poor Patches!

Initially, I thought Patches could be a quick slot item with nine charges of resurrection, but obviously he used them all up.
We should continue our efforts to advance the cause of Patches. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] Nine charges of resurrection?! [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2005, 02:02 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaguar:
http://www.undergroundhumor.com/book...htm#frontcover

That'll give you a few good ideas.
ROTFLMFAO!!!! I remember being in HS anatomy class and passing that book around during the time we were dissecting cats. Hilarious!!

Howsabout you point the arse end at your enemy and they drop their weapons and start to pet the thing? What, it ain't that weird. Apparently cats think that's what you'll do -- otherwise, why would they jump in your lap and stick their butt in your face?