Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2002, 02:51 PM   #1
Rock-n-Roy
Welcomed New User

Hello people!

I have a problem and I was wandering wether some people have had the same problem and if they has a solution for this problem.

After I leave with Oswald's air-balloon, I see my party 1 second in Oswald's crashed air-balloon. After this a movie plays and I see a small part of background form Oswald's crashed air-balloon. 2 seconds after the movie Icewind Dale 2 stops working.

A message with a runtime error and an abnormal program termination is displayed afterwards.

I have got the newest drivers and turning options on and off at the configuaration didn't work.

Any ideas?
Rock-n-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 03:23 PM   #2
Nom
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I can't say that I have had the problem but to me it sounds like a memory or cache size problem.
God luck!
Nom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 09:36 PM   #3
Jezabel the Pure
Welcomed New User

We (my husband and I play together) had the same problem, except it was at the end of act 2. After the cut scene with the glacier, our character portraits stayed greyed out. We could hit interface buttons, but nothing would happen. Had to restart from the last save
Old 09-25-2002, 01:29 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Welcome to the Forum [img]smile.gif[/img]

Crashes like this happen occasionally with all the new infinity engine games -I almost expect it at this stage when a new game is released. The only fix comes in the patches after Black Isle get feedback about them, so try a post on the officail tech forum.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:04 AM   #5
Rock-n-Roy
Welcomed New User

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
Welcome to the Forum [img]smile.gif[/img]

Crashes like this happen occasionally with all the new infinity engine games -I almost expect it at this stage when a new game is released. The only fix comes in the patches after Black Isle get feedback about them, so try a post on the officail tech forum.
Thanks!

I'll do that.

Roy
Rock-n-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote