Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2003, 05:49 AM   #21
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
Quote:
Originally posted by Reeka:
So, are you going to let us know when it is out and how we could get one?
Sure I will! [img]smile.gif[/img] Once I am finished, it'll be available in two formats:

1. (Which is free) is to read it online
2. Purchase a paper copy of the comic (High gloss cover and inside paper stock).

I'm almost done with the first digital comic, It's been colored and now I'm adding the text bubbles and shading (7 pages left to add text and shading to) and I'll post a link to it!!
[/QUOTE]Sounds great! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Can you give us any hints about the storyline?

[ 02-25-2003, 05:51 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 02-25-2003, 05:50 AM   #22
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
"DAAAAH!?!?"

*eyes comic sleekly*

You ever thought of doing a full publishing on it? I publish most of my (good) work.

So what style is it in? Western or Eastern

Black and white or colored?

what? [img]tongue.gif[/img] give us some details!

Does DB really stand for
Don'tBeherewhentheendoftheworldiscomingbecauseyouw ontwanttobeherewhenitcomeswellletsjustsayitsnotgoi ngtopretty ?
I've published many drawings I have done, but it's been many years since I did.

This comicbook is a cartoonish looking series I have done (I can draw in many different styles, but DB is cartoonish). And is full color, and 100% digitally drawn. It's a recreation of my comics (paperbased) I did some time ago. I am releasing the last issue I did (Issue 38) in full redrawn digital design--Looks SO much better than the markers I drew the paper based comic

Now, my Cartoon style of drawing has gotten MUCH better since 1995, so what you will see is 1995ish (Except the color). I'll be continuing my DB series with issue 39, which will show off all my new tecniques.

I also did 2 other Comics--The Transformers, and another Comic called 'Intruders on Earth' which is based a bit on the 1989 TV Series 'War of the Worlds'. I am also digitally remaking Issue 1 of that, but I am redrawing the ENTIRE comic in complete 3D Modeling/Design. This 'comic' is NOT cartoonish. It's much more mature, and has some serious stuff in it. In this new 3D/cell'ish' look I am working with. check a pic below!

Here is a preview of Issue 1 of "Intruders on Earth":

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-25-2003, 06:03 AM   #23
WillowIX
Apophis

Looks like images from a computer game with excellent graphics. Very nicely drawn Ziroc. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Since you have given us a preview we can expect the whole thing this weekend right? LOL! It looks excellent. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2003, 06:05 AM   #24
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Looks like images from a computer game with excellent graphics. Very nicely drawn Ziroc. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Since you have given us a preview we can expect the whole thing this weekend right? LOL! It looks excellent. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]smile.gif[/img] I wish!

I'll have the DB Issue 38 up and finished by March 1st 2003. But Intruders will take longer (Since I gotta make 3D Models and textures for each 'scene'. But I'm hoping for a April or May release.

Old 02-25-2003, 07:25 AM   #25
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

In 2000, I designed some DB baseball cards (fantasy baseball games) and here is one 'uncut sheet' of the DB Baseball cards:

I drew up 24 unique cards, and printed them out, and glossed them. I will be selling these on the site as well!

Let me know what you think! These are some of the characters that are in the DB Comic (Except Chocolate, since I adopted him AFTER I drew issue 38).

Even after I sized this Baseball card image down it's huge.. (600dpi) and WAS 2800x3500 [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2003, 07:28 AM   #26
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Very nice stuff, Z. Gotta' love the Choc rookie card! [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 02-25-2003, 07:35 AM   #27
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

O-o now how come I never thought of doing that? I've used 3D before in a comic, it was hard stuff... then again that mighty've been because I put 2D drawings over the 3D layer without actually using layering [img]tongue.gif[/img] hmm I should dig up that robot-fighting scene... Still tho, Your comic looks very clean-cut and reminds me of the old comics where they used action figures to tell a story (that's still used today actually) That's gonna totally kick... Now all you need is some Duke-Nukem esque main character, or you could just use a slew of ordinary humans who report in problems and get killed [img]tongue.gif[/img] Either way... yeah [img]tongue.gif[/img] Good luck on this thing being published. I'd say it's worthy of it. Kinda like Reboot. Hey , who knows, you might get a series!
Old 02-25-2003, 08:05 AM   #28
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
O-o now how come I never thought of doing that? I've used 3D before in a comic, it was hard stuff... then again that mighty've been because I put 2D drawings over the 3D layer without actually using layering [img]tongue.gif[/img] hmm I should dig up that robot-fighting scene... Still tho, Your comic looks very clean-cut and reminds me of the old comics where they used action figures to tell a story (that's still used today actually) That's gonna totally kick... Now all you need is some Duke-Nukem esque main character, or you could just use a slew of ordinary humans who report in problems and get killed [img]tongue.gif[/img] Either way... yeah [img]tongue.gif[/img] Good luck on this thing being published. I'd say it's worthy of it. Kinda like Reboot. Hey , who knows, you might get a series!
The 'Intruders on Earth' is based on a group of Astrophysicist' that pretty much turn into Alien hunters/killers. Has a lot of real-world science in it as well as the sci-fi angle. (i.e. The Aliens come from a real area in space called 'struve 2398' a binary star system. The lead Computer tech is a black dude in a wheelchair named Norton Drake--saves the team a lot [img]smile.gif[/img] and helps locate the Aliens transmissions.. It'll be a cool conversion from paper to digital media!