Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2003, 02:16 AM   #1
Minchandre
Dungeon Master

This isn't actually a problem (as in it is beneficial), but it is a bug nonetheless and I wanted to see if any fixpacks had covered it. My main char is wielding the Staff of the Magi, which is a +1 thaco +1 damage weapon...however, it hits as if it were +5. My bug is, it is giving my mage +5 to thaco, and I think damage as well! Has anyone else encountered this bug, and do they know of any way to stop it?
Minchandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 05:04 AM   #2
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Minchandre:
This isn't actually a problem (as in it is beneficial), but it is a bug nonetheless and I wanted to see if any fixpacks had covered it. My main char is wielding the Staff of the Magi, which is a +1 thaco +1 damage weapon...however, it hits as if it were +5. My bug is, it is giving my mage +5 to thaco, and I think damage as well! Has anyone else encountered this bug, and do they know of any way to stop it?
you can fix that easily yourself using IEEP. get it from teambg's website.

edit: btw, no i do not have this bug. dont know why you do...

[ 06-15-2003, 05:07 AM: Message edited by: Raistlin Majere ]

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Raistlin Majere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2003, 01:39 PM   #3
spydar

I'd say leave it cause you're getting the sweet end of the deal, but then there's always the risk that if you have this bug what else is it messing with?? in which case you'd probably want to fix it right away.
Old 06-16-2003, 04:15 AM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Personally, I don't think it's that big of a bug. If the Staff strikes as a +5 weapon, then it's a +5 weapon. Having all this stuff about "Does X damage, but strikes as a weapon of Y enchantment" is confusing as hell for a newcomer. How many people have we seen think that the Daystar strikes as a +4 weapon? Etc.

I'd like to go in and clean up all the files with funky enchantments. Flame Tongue, the Defender of Easthaven, Jerrod's Mace, the Mace of Disruption, the Bastard Sword+1 (+3 vs. Shapeshifters), etc.....at least the Equalizer gives you all the right information in its Description.

Getting back to the SotM: How much time does a Wizard spend in melee range anyway?
Old 06-16-2003, 02:47 PM   #5
Minchandre
Dungeon Master

Admittedly not much...especially an Enchanter in a party of six. It's just that, how many +5 weapons are there? I foresee a kensai=>mage with 5 stars of staffiness in my near future...
Minchandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 04:49 PM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

In Baldur's Gate 2 alone just one, IIRC. That's Carsomyr.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2003, 04:57 PM   #7
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Minchandre:
It's just that, how many +5 weapons are there?
Only two IIRC.
(excluding the StotM in unmodded pre-ToB SoA without bonus merchants that is - Joluv adds another one)

EDIT:

Mighty Link posting at the same time as I?
I am deeply honored, however I must disagree with your post as there is a certain Warhammer in existence in unmodded SoA which apart from his other incredible skills has THAC0 +5 and has never failed me to hit anything.
As said above Jolvu adds a very versatile ranged weapon with +5 enchantment to the game.

[ 06-16-2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Faceman ]