Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2005, 08:29 PM   #1
Lymond
Manshoon

Uninstalled, I currently have IWD, HOW, TOTLM and Project Auril. What order should I install these and what patches will I need?

Thanks,

Lymond
Old 01-19-2005, 10:48 AM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

IWD then HOW

Now depending on what you want to do:
For TOTLM just install it, as it is the final patch.

If you want to install Project Auril than download the HoW patch first then install Project Auril.

Unless they have released a new version of Project Auril that I am not aware of than it will not work with ToTLM. [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

[ 01-19-2005, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:31 AM   #3
Lymond
Manshoon

pritchke-

Thanks! You've always been there for me.

I'm not the most computer savvy, but I think I installed Project Auril correctly. I selected the "Icewind Dale" folder as my destination and exported the files. Is there any way to tell if it worked properly? I don't want to get part way through the game and realize it didn't work.

One indication that I may have blown it is that I have no portraits folder. On that issue, I copied my BG2 portraits over and, although you can see the file names in character creation, you can't see the actual photos. What's going on with that?

Lymond
Old 01-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #4
pritchke

Quote:
Originally posted by Lymond:
pritchke-

Thanks! You've always been there for me.

No problem Lymond!! [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

I'm not the most computer savvy, but I think I installed Project Auril correctly. I selected the "Icewind Dale" folder as my destination and exported the files. Is there any way to tell if it worked properly? I don't want to get part way through the game and realize it didn't work.

The easest and quickest way to tell from the game that I remember is upon reaching Kuldahar, go to the blacksmith, Conlan. He should have several pieces of elven chainmail in his inventory. This chainmail is great for multi, dual spellcasters.

One indication that I may have blown it is that I have no portraits folder. On that issue, I copied my BG2 portraits over and, although you can see the file names in character creation, you can't see the actual photos. What's going on with that?

Have you created a portraits directory to put them in within the main iwd folder??? Just wondering because I think the default photos are suppose to be located in a different location and there will not be a portraits folder if you did not create one. Check sizes of the photos 110W x 170L, and 38W x 60L. Make sure they have .bmp extensions. Other than that I have no idea.
Lymond
[ 01-21-2005, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 01-27-2005, 08:22 PM   #5
Grog
Dungeon Master

Project Auril has been discontinued (as of 06-04) and is no longer supported. Please dowload the latest version of Auril's Bane.

Website
Forum

Also, I'd like to know where you downloaded Project Auril (if it was a recent download), if you can tell me.

Cheers,
\"He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.” ~Anonymous <br /><br />\"You need to change how you look at it, when you can\'t change the it you\'re looking at.\" - Bishop T.D. Jakes <br /><br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=23\" target=\"_blank\">Auril\'s Bane</a> -- An IWD Mod
Grog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 10:45 AM   #6
pritchke

Sweet!!!! Project Auril ia a part of Auril's Bane and it can be used with TotLM. So Lymond if you get Auril's Bane than install it after ToTLM. I loved both Project Auril and TotLM so now I can play them both. Winter's Bane was OK, but wasn't worth it for me so combining it with Project Auril to make Auril's Bane is actually a nice touch. If anyone like Battelmages than you should be able to make several in your party and still wear some nice armor and cast spells with this mod.

[ 01-28-2005, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 01-28-2005, 01:00 PM   #7
Andyr
Manshoon

You might want to try our Tweak Pack too, from http://www.gibberlings3.net/daletweak/ - install it after Auril's Bane. [img]smile.gif[/img]

There's not too many other IWD1 mods about. Grog's mod as he mentioned is probably the biggest.

EDIT: The install order for the Tweak Pack is not crucial. Just install all mods after official expansions/patches. I suggested after Auril's Bane as then your tweaks will apply to things from AB too.

[ 01-28-2005, 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Andyr ]
[url]\"http://www.gibberlings3.net/\" target=\"_blank\">\"We are the Gibberlings Three, as merry a band as you ever did see...\"</a> - G3: Home of IE mods<br /><br />[url]\"http://forums.gibberlings3.net\" target=\"_blank\">Forums</a><br /><br /><i>JCompton:</i> Suggested plugs include \"Click here so Compton doesn\'t ban me. [url]\"http://www.pocketplane.net/ub\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.pocketplane.net/ub</a> \"
Andyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:18 PM   #8
Grog
Dungeon Master

Yes, the Tweak pack has some things that [IMO] compliment AB very nicely. As Andyr said, the Tweak Pack is best installed after AB.

The new version of Auril's Bane will have increased compatiblity with the Tweak Pack, as it will check to see if certain components are already installed.
\"He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.” ~Anonymous <br /><br />\"You need to change how you look at it, when you can\'t change the it you\'re looking at.\" - Bishop T.D. Jakes <br /><br />[url]\"http://chosenofmystra.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=23\" target=\"_blank\">Auril\'s Bane</a> -- An IWD Mod
Old 01-28-2005, 10:33 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Ok, ok. I keep hearing about Auril's Bane so much here lately that now I am compelled to install it. Fortunately, I just started a new party (who are trying to clean out a cave outside Easthaven) so I shouldn't miss anything. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 11:09 PM   #10
Grog
Dungeon Master

Yay, a convert!

Just a warning: there are a couple of spots in the game with 'artilery archers' that are a bit too powerful for the areas they're in (AB v1.3 will balance that much better). You may want some fire protection in 3 lvl ED

[ 01-28-2005, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Grog ]