Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2001, 06:00 PM   #1
MageBoy

Hi,

I have heard many folks talk about getting Celestial Fury from Koshi in the Temple District. My question is: Is this part of some quest or do I just walk into the correct house, kill everyone and take the sword (as hard as that might be)? I don't want to ruin any cool quests by brute forcing this.

Also, I could really use the Ring of Wizardry. Does this ring come from a quest? Don't worry about spoiling me.

Thanks a lot.

Old 01-10-2001, 06:47 PM   #2
bazz1234

Well Mage boy, i just walked on in and went for it. It may be part of a quest, but i did not do it as such. Careful though, when you walk in some poeple talk to you, then dissapear, but then they pop back and cast a load of spells. Nishru, some monsters etc etc. These are fairly tough, but when you go upstairs theres some more stuff, lots of bad asses.
I found this a little difficult, so as soon as i got up there i ran past all the baddies and then into a room. Once in there i cast loads of monsters ands stuff to defend me... then went from there. Careful there are some traps up there too.

So i just ran in, not had any consequeneces yet.....
As for the rings.. i got two of them type rings, cannot remeber where i got them from...

Hope it helps

Bazz

Old 01-10-2001, 06:48 PM   #3
G.W.

The ring comes from a quest. A chapter 2-3 obtainable one.
And good question on the Katana. I have heard the house referred to as the slaver lords' house in CGW. So I would think there's a quest to kill these guys. There are a few quests to do with the slavers after all. Come on, someone must know. (Mindflayer dungeon maybe?)

Old 01-10-2001, 08:20 PM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I heard the slaver lord reference too, something to do with Aerie's quest. When I had her as a romance I didn't go and see Quale when he sent for her, so maybe I dipped out and missed it.

Anyone else know for certain?
Old 01-10-2001, 08:31 PM   #5
G.W.

Nah, it's not Aerie... at least, I don't think so, the quest was simply to rescue Haer "I have the hitpoints of a sparrow" Dalis, so I thought.

Old 01-10-2001, 08:33 PM   #6
Durak
Welcomed New User

If you are talking about the mind flayer in the sewers, then no, it isn't there. BTW, NEVER GO THERE. It provides some intresting info at the end about the mind flayers and it gives you a hammer, but that's it. There are 20 mind flayers in that dungeon, you face like 5 or 6 at a time, so becareful if you go there.