Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2001, 02:49 AM   #1
Man of Rohan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok heres the situation: Im done with the unseeing eye beholder lair, get the second part of the rift device, it fuses together. I get out, the damn beholder kills me instanltly with some sort of death spell. GRRR. Ok, so I load the last auto save, which means I have to beat the whole freaking lair again. I do it the same way, only I save game with 'Q' immediately after the script pops up about it fusing since im about to face the ehhh... freaking beholder and his instant death spells right? So I hop on out of the small little bolt-hole where the second rift piece is, face the beholder.....

AND DIE.

And, of course, this is where the freaking problem comes in. I load it up expecting to put a death ward on myself to stop this madness, along with a protection from evil, but when I pop out of the passage to face the beholder the thing isn't there!!! So, of course, like a dumba$$ I leave a party required area and the freaking auto save saves over where the last one was, right before the beholder lair. THE LAST NORMAL SAVE IS FROM A WEEK AGO!!!! So in desperation I go to the main unseeing eye area, talk to the High Dumba$$ Priest Gaal to try and get the beholder to pop out there... but all he asks is if I have the rift device, which I do, and all I can say is "NO I DONT"!?! AHHHAAGGH!
I tried to use shadowkeeper to get the pieces to re-fuse and have the beholder pop out again, but to no avail! Then I tried to take the rift device out (using shadowkeeper again) and put it back in again, but no dice...

If no one can help me I'm boned. I don't want to be boned. Can anyone help? Memnoch or some other ironworks guru maybe? Someone... Anyone?