Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2002, 12:19 AM   #11
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Hi! *waves* I'm just taking a break from reading philosophy papers. Apparently there's an invisible system of unearned privileges that cause oppression, not unlike a birdcage :1dizzy:. Who knew?
Old 03-27-2002, 08:40 AM   #12
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Morning, all. A new cafe already? Well. the posts were flying last night. Hated to leave, but RL called. How is everyone? My pot roast was a big hit. (beams) Any word yet on our new server?
Ah, Aelia, oppression. Is it the capitalist patriarchy again? The heavy dead hands of the Dead White Males? I am ambivalent, because, as a capitalist white Euro-American, I am de facto an oppressor, but as a female, I am also automatically oppressed. Funny, I don't feel oppressed. (shrugs)

[ 03-27-2002, 08:44 AM: Message edited by: Galadria ]
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 03-27-2002, 09:10 AM   #13
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Hey everyone! It finally looks like we'll get a little bit of rain down here. That's good now everything will look a little less brown. [img]smile.gif[/img] 8 more days until Spring Break starts for me. Yes, i've started the countdown! [img]tongue.gif[/img] So what have you guys been up to?

RedBlueFlare
The dragon tamer lives on...
Old 03-27-2002, 09:28 AM   #14
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

G'morning Everyone!!! *turns to the server* A coffee please, black. Thank you very much.

What's happening this morning??
Old 03-27-2002, 09:38 AM   #15
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

(Gives KDog a coffee) Hi, RBF, hope you get a downpour. My, I hope those poor Al-Quaeda at Camp X-Ray don't get wet! (evil laughter)
Well, since Ziroc has told us and to;d us, not to post separate threads for this, I am choosing my favoritest place in the forum, Cloudy's Cafe, to make my 1500th Post!!!
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 03-27-2002, 09:38 AM   #16
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Gack...I'm a tired mofo today...I had to bring my wife to the airport this morning at about 4:30...gonna be a long day!
Old 03-27-2002, 09:52 AM   #17
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Mornin all hope all is going well for everyone. May I please have a couple blueberry muffin's and a coffe with cream and sugar. Didnt have time to do it this morn. My little girl was just toooo cute, all smiles and laugh's, I couldnt put her down I just dont get how some psycho people can be mean to children, especially babies. Yeah they may cry and scream from time to time but hey, there just little being's that are relient on there mommies and daddies.
Yesterday I had to get mean with a couple kid's in the neighborhood that have a crush on my oldest.
They were trying to get her attention by squirting her with squirt gun's, and when that didnt work they started to throw rock's at her and her friend. I had to put the fear of me into them and threatend to pick them up by there ear's and drag them to the police for battery, heh
I made the 10 yr old cry. When I left the little punk said he would crack my skull with a rock next time he saw me. My daughter told him that would be most unwise since I have been hit by a moving car and got up without a scratch on me ( I got really lucky )I am a neighborhood legend now, hehe Needless to say I think I am going to have to have a talk with the boy's parent's and see what kind of home life this child has.
Old 03-27-2002, 10:12 AM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

RBF! Spring Break is right around the corner!

Aelia..uh..have some more coffee and a danish, you'll forget all about oppressing the birds.. *giggle*

Galadria, So glad to hear that the pot roast was a success! Now send some up here with my portion of sunshine! [img]tongue.gif[/img] And I'm really pleased to hear you like the Cafe. I like that it's a place we can gather to shoot the breeze and not interfere with other threads or spam up the forum with small chats that don't need whole threads or ask for a rice recipe. Seems a nice thing to know you'll always find someone to gab with here, too!

Elif, boy I know what you mean. I find myself with far more patience for the kids than adults. Your baby sounds adorable, btw! And as for the rock throwers.. BOOOHISSS, definitely talk with the parents. Sounds like a couple bullies or delinquents in the making there!

Cloudy
Old 03-27-2002, 10:23 AM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

KDOG, ugh 4 am is not a valid time for being awake! I had to be up and moving about that time when I flew back from Idaho. Have some more coffee! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2002, 10:37 AM   #20
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
KDOG, ugh 4 am is not a valid time for being awake! I had to be up and moving about that time when I flew back from Idaho. Have some more coffee! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Working on it, Cloudy, working on it...I'm sucking wind this morning...need a boost big time.