Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2006, 04:46 AM   #1
Mahokenshi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi ho. Me again with another question and another post (is it okay to ask a quintillion different questions in one Tolstoy long post, or is the "keep topics sparate" thing more the rage on this board?)

Anyway, I'm thinking of playing a slash-and-caster in my next game, and I was just wondering.

Say I kill Drizzit and take his stuff, in true D&D fastion, in BG1. Yes, it's evil and cheesy. I know . I've played these games for a year, and I've never given in; but the siren's lure of that armour especially... .

Anyway, let's say I pull a Flaming Fist and dice him for being drow. I import my character into BG2 (so I hope it's okay to post this on this side of the forum) but I LEAVE BEHIND all the Drizzit stuff. It's not in my inventory when I import my BG1 cre file (copy and paste from BG1 to BG2 character folders. No I don't have BGT or Tutu).

Will BG2 Drizzit still know I "killed" him? Will there be some sort of "charname is a smelly poopy-pants" global variable that will activate if I import such a dastardly character? Yes, it's jaw droppingly awful powergaming; but my last couple of runthroughs have been roleplay heavy, and I'm in the mood for a change.

Speaking of cheese, did you know that Red Dragons are supposed to get RANDOM spell picks; and that they can't min/max their spell choices? (Kind of like being a sorcerer who just gets random spells). Mr. F is the luckiest dragon on Toril.
Mahokenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 11:35 AM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

BG2 cannot know what happened in BG1: The only information that gets carried over is your character's basic attributes (Race/class/gender, Mage specialization if you have one, Dual-classing level if you did, and stats), and the Inventory that you had on your PC at the time that you Exported it. Therefore, if your character wasn't carrying any of Drizzt's loot at the very end of BG1 (even if your other party members were), then the computer has no reason to think that you ever raised a hand against Drizzt.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Right. But, for the record, taking Drizzt's items in BG II isn't the best idea...
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
IronDragon
Elminster

If you want to get Drizzt's stuff but don’t wish to succumb to evil tendencies or if you don’t want the battle and the hit to your reputation there is another option.

You need to have the ease of use mod installed.
After exiting the Underdark accept Drizzy’s offer of help in fighting Bhodi. And once under the cemetery “allow” Drizzt to be killed by the enemies therein…oops (Hey, I never said it was an ethical way to get his stuff.) the ease of use mod just allows you to keep his items.

There is a conversation option where you can ‘remind” Drizzt that you sort of punched his ticket once before…
Old 12-22-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Really? So that guy that fanatically tries to get Drizzt's, or any of his companions, items doens't show up to kill you? *phew*
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote