Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2004, 10:29 AM   #21
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Downunda:
Lightly toasted, smothered in butter and then a light covering of vegemite... can't be beaten!
Rare indeed is it to see a Kiwi with such good taste and discernment. As you get older Downunda you will start to appreciate that the vegemite that one needs increases in proportion to one's years. The best accompaniement to this delightful repast is of course a tall glass of lovely cold fresh milk.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:38 AM   #22
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I'm torn over this topic. I don't know if I want to make a sarcastic comment over the nature of this topic, or if I want to agree with LadyZ and Cloudy... Sweet toast is the way to go.. and point out that there's a diner nearby that makes the best toast in the world. They bake their own bread and slice it thicker than usual, tosting it just right... Instead of ordering pancakes, sometimes I just get two orders of toast and a cup of coffee. Mmm...

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 07-26-2004, 04:43 PM   #23
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well I think it's a good topic [img]graemlins/agree.gif[/img] (now Wellard might forgive me for not flying Qantas? [img]graemlins/bigeyesad.gif[/img] ). Better than another bloody thread about someone's trip!

Anyway, I like my toast light to medium. I like a cripsy centre and fairly firm crusts but corners that are a bit softer. Butter is the best topping but I do like vegemite sometimes, only thing I can eat vegemite on.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:11 PM   #24
wellard
Dracolisk

Pate .. ugh Ross

Glad to see so many Vegemite fans here. Peanut butter is the only other option for me. Late night gameing would not be the same without it.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:13 AM   #25
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I like my toast only very lightly browned, so still pretty soft in the middle. I smother it in olive-oil margerine as soon as it's out of the toaster so as to ensure that the marg melts right through. I'm pretty much open to any topping at all. Tomato, banana, vegemite, marmite, jam, peanut butter, nutella (chocolate hazelnut spread), ham, cheese, scrambled/fried eggs, baked beans, maple syrup, salmon, tuna, whatever....

Toast is a student staple around here.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:13 AM   #26
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Toast makes every sandwich better...ham and cheese becomes ham and cheese...on toast! Do bagels count as toast? I always toast mine...toasted bagels also make a sandwich better!

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 07-28-2004, 01:27 AM   #27
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by The Hierophant:
nutella
I don't think you're allowed to say that. With the ban on religious discussion, I don't think it's appropriate to mention one of God's many names in a post like this. Please, stay on topic.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:33 AM   #28
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
I don't think you're allowed to say that. With the ban on religious discussion, I don't think it's appropriate to mention one of God's many names in a post like this. Please, stay on topic.
Hahaha Oh yes, it's about as close to ambrosia as we mere mortals are going to get isn't it?
Old 07-28-2004, 01:56 AM   #29
Chewbacca
Zartan

I'm fond of 'everything' bagels dripping with butta. I know its not exactly toast but it is toasted.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:04 AM   #30
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

We have this great little cafe accross the road that sells toasted Banana bread with heaps of butter. Definatly a heart stopper but soooooo nice