Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2003, 08:03 PM   #1
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

How many of you guys have heard this show? The host is Michael Savage, an "independent conservative" and is...well, lets hear your thoughts first.

BTW, its on daytime AM radio...
Old 03-14-2003, 08:09 PM   #2
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Can't say that I have, sorry bud.
Old 03-14-2003, 08:25 PM   #3
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

I thought it was a book? I guess its both, I havent tuned into it yet, I plan to though.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 03-14-2003, 08:25 PM   #4
skywalker
Banned User

The Sedition Act - Time to Act.
Time to Arrest the Leaders of the Anti-War Movement,
Once we Go To War?
We Must Protect Our Troops!
Sponsor The Paul Revere Society!

The Paul Revere Society 9-Point Program
MEN AND WOMEN PROTECTING AMERICA

1. Make tax cuts permanent.
2. Close the borders now.
3. Deport all illegal immigrants now.
4. Eliminate bilingual education in all states.
5. Require health tests for all recent foreign born immigrants.
6. Eliminate as many entitlement programs as possible.
7. Reduce the number of Federal Employees.
8. Oil Drilling on U.S. Soil.
9. Tort Reform "STOP LAWYERS".

Michael Savage founded The Paul Revere Society (PRS). With a crisis of leadership threatening the United States, PRS stands for the reassertion of our borders, our language, and our culture.

Some say that the borders are arbitrary, English is only one of many languages in our new "Multicultural America," and that we share no common history or values. We believe in the Sovereignty of our Nation. That English is our national "glue." And that we all do share in the pillars of the Bible, the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. These documents and what they stand for are our common cultural heritage.

The Paul Revere Society (PRS) will assert the values inherent in these pillars of freedom. We will seek to educate the citizenry about our nation's freedoms.

Got this from his website:

http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/index.html

Mark
Old 03-14-2003, 08:33 PM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

BTW I've never heard of him and no disrespect to anyone here who may like him, I hope I never do.

Mark
Old 03-14-2003, 09:59 PM   #6
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

I am one of those right-wing nut cases who listens to talk radio. The Savage Nation is one of the many talk shows that I listen to such as: Michael Medved, Dennis Prager, Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Hugh Hewwit, Man Cow, Roger Fredenburg, Jason Lewis, etc., etc...
However the Savage Nation is the one that I like the LEAST. I still agree with probably 70% of what he (Michael Savage) talks about, but I really hate his style.

He cuts off every body, even his own supportive listeners, and is very very egotistic. He thinks that he is correct no matter what and will not honestly debate anyone who disagrees with him without turning their microphone down. He really gives us righties a bad name. You're probably wondering why I listen to him then, well... the music stations here in Minneapolis suck (no techno/dance stations) and the only other talk show on at the time that he's on, is extremely boring! So I put up with the hot-head.
BTW, he just started his new TV show last week on MSNBC, it's on Saturdays at roughly 4:00pm, and he might be there awhile since the ratings for that specific slot doubled on his debut.
Old 03-15-2003, 09:56 AM   #7
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV:
However the Savage Nation is the one that I like the LEAST. I still agree with probably 70% of what he (Michael Savage) talks about, but I really hate his style.

He cuts off every body, even his own supportive listeners, and is very very egotistic. He thinks that he is correct no matter what and will not honestly debate anyone who disagrees with him without turning their microphone down. He really gives us righties a bad name.
My thoughts exactly! He is extremely egotistical. He has said some very harsh statements about athiests in the past also(like "all athiests are pedophile"). He certainly gives them (me)a bad name. That remark, among others, is competely unfounded.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:23 AM   #8
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

I like him. It's nice to hear someone who isn't super polite like Limbaugh and Hannity (who I listen to every day). But he only mirrors the vitriol that comes from the left. After all how many times have we heard conservatives called nazis? And everyday we hear how they only look out for the rich. take a look at the 10 richest people in congress and then tell me who is for the rich.
Old 03-15-2003, 01:05 PM   #9
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Khazadman, I would agree with you that he is simply mirroring the same

negativety from (some) on the left, however he could better serve his cause by

showing a little tact once in a while. As popular as he is now, he could become

even more so, if he would try and engage some his disenters through logical

questioning and reasoning. That is primarily why I don't think he will stay

successful on TV, he can't debate someone without either talking over them or

turning down their mike.

You mentioned Rush and Hannity, well I honesty only listen to them

occasionally, since they come across as simply partisan talking heads for

Republicans. Again, it's all about style and substance for me, that's why I

love listening to Michael Medved and Dennis Prager. They actually encourage and

invite people who disagree because they admit that it makes for a better

program. But the difference between Medved/Prager and Savage is that they

actually are confident enough in the logic of their argument that they

willingly will debate another without shouting or turning the volume down.
Old 03-15-2003, 10:02 PM   #10
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

I just watched his show for the first time. I thought it was pretty good, hes a bit annoying yeah, but he made some very good points and really 'brings it all down'.

'Psycological Nudity' sums it up pretty well I think.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge