Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2002, 10:38 AM   #21
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Yorick, it was only merely simply solely a joke. That's what the was for. I absotively posolutely agree with everything you said. And I hope, after living with a gay male for years and being close friends with many, I am not ever again construed as close-minded on this topic.

And, on that note, there are some intrinsic truths I see in the world:
1. Women being with women in an "intimate" friend way is seen as cooler than men doing the same because, as a general rule, both men and women realize the female body looks much better. True, there are some ripped guys out there, but most of us just have that stomach pouch - which on women doesn't look quite so bad.
2. Male or female, you must admit Pierce Brosnan is rather lickable.
3. Gay bars in the States play the *best* dance music of any bars in the States.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:48 AM   #22
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

Brad Pitt is by far THE most attractive person EVER!!!
He is Awesome in Fight Club, one of my favorite movies ever! (along with Monty python and the Holy Grail and Princess Mononoke)

I can say this because I am secure in my manhood.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:55 AM   #23
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by the sauceman:
Brad Pitt is by far THE most attractive person EVER!!!
He is Awesome in Fight Club, one of my favorite movies ever! (along with Monty python and the Holy Grail and Princess Mononoke)

I can say this because I am secure in my manhood.
You know, I haggled between Brad and Pierce when posting my reply. And yes, he looked like a god in Fight Club.

I think with (straight) men it's a "wish I looked like that" thing.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:55 AM   #24
edin gal
Dungeon Master

I'd be telling Glynn to keep it to himself if he wanted to keep my company.
Old 10-11-2002, 11:07 AM   #25
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Interesting topic...glad Timber edited out the MA-rated stuff, we do have young kids on this board. Thanks, mate. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Just some random thoughts: at the end of the day, people are people - some guys like girls, some guys like guys. Some girls like guys, some girls like girls.

Situation 1. If you're a guy and a girl is attracted to you, but you not to her, what do you do? Let her know you're not interested, right? (Let's assume you're not one of those losers who lead people on. )

Situation 2. If you're a guy and a guy is attracted to you but you not to him, what do you do? Let him know you're not interested, right?

Is there any reason to be ruder in Situation 2 than in Situation 2? I wouldn't have thought so - at the end of the day you're trying to achieve an outcome - sorry, I don't like you - that should be quite simple to communicate. Even simpler if he's DC and you're AC, because then you don't even need to make up an excuse.

As for being friends with gay people, I have lots of gay friends, one or two who have professed attraction in the past and I've told them I don't swing that way (nicely). I also have lots of female friends who have previously professed attraction and I've told them I'm not interested (nicely), and our friendship has sustained, so why should the fact that someone is gay be any different?

Just 2c from a simple person who thinks that we tend to complicate this stuff WAY too much with our own insecurities.

I'm a simple person at the end of the day...I think we complicate life too much with this sort of stuff.

Edit: one more thing - gay people are the coolest people to party with, never a dull moment.

[ 10-11-2002, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 10-11-2002, 11:14 AM   #26
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

You know, Memnoch, I have to agree with everything you said - but also point out that the floppy-belt-thing feller in your sig looks absolutely fagulous!

[ 10-11-2002, 11:15 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 10-11-2002, 11:22 AM   #27
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
You know, Memnoch, I have to agree with everything you said - but also point out that the floppy-belt-thing feller in your sig looks absolutely fagulous!
Ta, girlfriend!

Old 10-11-2002, 12:35 PM   #28
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i'm sorry but i think the jerry ryan (played 7 of 9 in voyager, and a teacher in boston public) is the hottest person, in show biz anyway. i'm sorry but i just don;t think men can be "sexy." maybe i'm just weird. some can have an air about them that makes them....tempting, lickable is a good word, but none make me drool. and yes my hubby knows how i feel.

as far as acceptance goes it depends on who and where you're trying to be accepted. there are problems even in my hometown with women coming out. such is life. not everyone lives and let's live.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:46 PM   #29
Absynthe

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
That's a belt? here I'd thought it was a sort of... um... glove-thingy. Or thingy-glove. Or something...

Old 10-11-2002, 02:47 PM   #30
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:
That's a belt? here I'd thought it was a sort of... um... glove-thingy. Or thingy-glove. Or something...
I think it's a sash, right Memsypie? Such a lovely sash it is, too [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]