Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2002, 11:41 PM   #1
Mojo
Elminster

I feel the need to tell this to somebody, and the fact of it means that I can't discuss it with the person with whom I would normally discuss it, because it's about him, so I thought I'd tell the IW...making sense so far? Anyways, I hope I don't offend anyone...

Right, first things first...who it involves. There's Mojo, his best friend (hereafter known as Peter* to protect the guilty), and an ex girlfriend of Mojo's (hereafter known as Ms K). Also playing a small part is Ms K's best friend, ummm...Bo.

*{You know who you are! And hopefully, you may appreciate the rather odd reference...I didn't chose the name Peter for nothing}

Now, the story: About a year ago, the wonderful Mojo met a girl called Ms K. The two hit it off and started to see each other. Ms K lived in the City of Aberdeen, so Mojo had an hour's bus journey to see her. For these purposes, Mojo brought with him his best friend Peter, to keep Mojo company while waiting for Ms K, and also because he thought that Peter and Bo might hit it off, for Ms K and Bo were seemingly unseperable. The first meeting went not too badly, and Peter and Bo did indeed get on seemingly well together, so another date was arranged for the next weekend. The next weekend Mojo was shocked; shocked, I say, to find Ms K and Peter flirting outrageously, but he dismissed it for Peter's flirtatiousness and the fact that Ms K is a tart, which he was to find later. I think, although I'm not entirely certain, that on this night Bo and Peter stopped seeing each other. A couple of weeks later, Peter and Mojo went into town again, to meet Ms K. Ms K did not turn up, much to Mojo's consternation. Peter and Mojo spent about an hour hanging around, waiting for her to show. This happened for many weekends after that, and Mojo was getting anxious, for he had not heard much from Ms K recently. After a few weeks, she did show up at last, only to disappear as suddenly. This, Mojo thought, was the last straw. He phoned her to find out what was going on, and ended up speaking to Bo, who informed him over the phone that Ms K does not want to see him anymore. This shocked, but didn't suprise Mojo.

Mojo spent several long weeks questioning his existance, and wondering what exactly went on, but he did not find out. He felt lucky to have his good friend Peter, to put up with his constant wingeing and mopeing, and to offer him advice. Near the end of this time of Mojo's self-pity, Peter started to see Ms K, with the half-willing consent of Mojo. But alas, it did not go so well. Eventually Mojo got over it all and now, a year and a half on, he has a wonderful girlfriend whom he has been seeing for approx. a year.

Now, imagine Mojo's surprise when he sees Peter on the bus just tonight, and Peter confesses that he and Ms K had intercourse of a sexual nature. Not only was Mojo shocked that Peter was not - after telling people including Mojo that he was -a virgin, but that they had done the foul deed whilst Mojo and Ms K were still an item (shortly before Ms K had stopped turning up).

Now, be weary that it has been about a year and a half since all this happened. This still surprised Mojo because although Peter is a manwhore, he never thought that he would stoop so low, and also he was under the illusion that Peter was a virgin. Being told all this whilst slightly drunk and on a bus over a year afterwards is all a bit much.

Now Mojo is confused. Peter has been feeling incredibly guilty about the whole thing, and Mojo has forgiven his without resorting to blows, for now, after over a year, he doesn't care. Had he been informed sooner, he may have been in a state of homicidalness (for want of a better word), but he really can't tell. He is still having problems beliving the whole thing, although the more he thinks about it, the more it makes sense.

I can't remember why I posted this, or what my point was, but I don't care. Any opinions, psychological analyses etc. are welcome. Questions, too, are welcome...ask away...
Old 08-18-2002, 11:54 AM   #2
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

Err... this is slightly confusing to me.

Btw, what does this have to do with bar stewards?

[ 08-18-2002, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: Wilbur ]
Old 08-18-2002, 12:41 PM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
It's very simple dude, ur friend has been lying to you for more than a year. Get rid of him, he'll do it again and is not worth the trouble.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:54 PM   #4
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

I disagree, if *Peter* is feeling very guilty, than he should just enjoy the rest of the freindship. There was a reason they became freinds in the first place and when they no longer see each other it will merely be worse if they ended their freindship instead of enjoying it and being as happy as possible.
Old 08-18-2002, 04:55 PM   #5
Mojo
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur:
Err... this is slightly confusing to me.

Btw, what does this have to do with bar stewards?
Which part is confusing you? The bar steward reference is because it's as close as I can come to a word which I feel I shouldn't say...you catch my drift?
Old 08-18-2002, 05:00 PM   #6
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah, I think so. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-18-2002, 05:13 PM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur:
I disagree, if *Peter* is feeling very guilty, than he should just enjoy the rest of the freindship. There was a reason they became freinds in the first place and when they no longer see each other it will merely be worse if they ended their freindship instead of enjoying it and being as happy as possible.
It's not just a little lie, it's backstabbing. I wouldn't wanna have friends like that.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:23 PM   #8
andrewas
Harper

If everyone is who I think they are:

"ms K" is a tart and not worth bothering about.

"Bo" hates "Peter" anyway.

"Peter" is feeling uilty about this, and got religion anyway so can (probably) be trusted not to do it again.

Conclusion - forget about it. One incident a year ago isnt worth breaking up a friendship.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:24 PM   #9
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

Why, it's not like he was going to marry her or she is the only girl withing 1000 miles, He told the truth and Mojo says he's forgiven him. I hate to make it sound so simple but eventually Mojo will want to get over it and go on with a merry life.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:26 PM   #10
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, listen to andrewas.