Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 11:19 AM   #1
Link
Jack Burton

I've been reading the topics about the (horrible) attacks in Washington and NY, and of course, i feel sad too. Not as sad as most of the Americans here, but that I can understand. The thing what really bothers me, is the enormous amount of agressive thoughts on this forum. I mean, everyone knows that someone can't walk away with such a crime, but (and don't get me wrong here, I'm speaking in general here) what gives a human the right to take someone else's life? Why is it always necessary to take revenge in a way, which will only affect more and more? In my opinion, no one has such a right, and therefore no one should kill one another. Easily said, but what can be done about it? Of course, something can be done, but agression and violence won't help solving terrorism in this world. Acting like a terrorist, will only help terrorism, not fight it, and fighting terrorism is (judging from the fact that the "World Against Terrorism-icon" is placed on top of each page of this forum) what we all wish to do...

------------------
I am committed to restore your faith in extreme violence...

Link
Overlord Executioner, Slayer of Fluffed Beings
Member of Clan HADB
Supreme Warrior of Myst
Old 09-16-2001, 11:21 AM   #2
Dramnek_Ulk

Nothing gives us the right to take lives, we just decide to take em.

Old 09-16-2001, 11:23 AM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

Link, there are some Americans who agree with you. I think we are being labeled not patriotic by these views. (Not saying anyone here has said this, I am speaking in general, mostly outside this forum.)

Mark

[This message has been edited by skywalker (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 11:27 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

well, there is a tiger in your house, what do you do with it?

of course, you can set it free, but what if that tiger hates your guts and think you stinks so he has to kill you? or he is a sadistic little prick who just kills for sports?

well, got it?
Old 09-16-2001, 11:31 AM   #5
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
well, there is a tiger in your house, what do you do with it?

of course, you can set it free, but what if that tiger hates your guts and think you stinks so he has to kill you? or he is a sadistic little prick who just kills for sports?

well, got it?
Put him in a cage make sure nobody sees him anymore

Simple...

------------------

Old 09-16-2001, 11:34 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:
Put him in a cage make sure nobody sees him anymore

Simple...

well, you might get hurt by doing it

and there is a very real possibility that you HAVE to kill it in order to put it in a cage

Old 09-16-2001, 11:36 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Link, I think a lot of the "violent thoughts" that have been expressed on the forum in the past week, although disturbing, are necessary, because they are just that, "expressions." Therapists have long understood the necessity for angry and hurt people to unburden themselves of their feelings, including feelings of rage, violence, and revenge. Venting a feeling is not the same as acting on a thought, and if that feeling goes unexpressed, quite often it festers deep within and then explodes in a violent action that is far worse that the original feeling of anger, frustration, or despair.

I do agree with you on not acting out on terrorism. One mustn't return evil with evil. The perpetrators of this crime must be brought to justice, of course, but let it be from a sense of honor and justice, and not a petty revenge.

------------------
Old 09-16-2001, 11:41 AM   #8
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

you can kill for all kinda reasons

self-defense
justice
revenge

whatever you choose, if you choose, you gonna end up fighting a bloddy war

because your justice and honor are dictatorship and tyranny in the eyes of muslin world

yourself defense will be seen as vegence

and your vengence... lets not get into the ugliest one
Old 09-16-2001, 11:47 AM   #9
Rikard

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
well, you might get hurt by doing it

and there is a very real possibility that you HAVE to kill it in order to put it in a cage

tranquilisers

------------------

Old 09-16-2001, 11:53 AM   #10
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Rikard:

tranquilisers

Tranquilizers are a good idea. But only if you have the right chemical to do the deed. Sometimes the medicine is very harsh indeed.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL