Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2004, 11:22 AM   #1
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Okay, this is a long one, so bear with me. This i posrted originally in the something new section but i decided to put it here since no one was replying.

You are a newly resurrected being in a midevil lab with a big window overlooking the grandest, most beautiful city you have ever seen. The city, as you can see, was so far across they had to build two levels above it to occupy all the people. You can see slodes that connect the levels, people obviously use these to get from one floor to the other. what you look at is obviously the center square, wonderfully painted plazas drawn all over the ground which you can tell under the paint, is a great swirl of untarnished silver and gold with rubies and emeralds,perfectly cut, scattered all around. you can see the three golden suns above you for the square is a hole in the middle of the city, al is shining and presenting wonder upon your eyes.
_________
| _______ |
|| _____ ||
|||_____|||
||_______||
|_________|

^ a VERY rough look of the square

You can see people in colourful clothing gracefully walking the streets, but you know these are not the nobles, for the ones who are wear remarkable robes, much of which can inspire a poet to write sonet. people are bartering for precious goods, townfolk are selling light fluffy bread on the streets, and you can see children running around about the grownup's feet. the adults just smile at the children and yell some sort of encouragement after them as they dissapear into the crowd. one of the few things you can remember is this heaven's name, Solenia.

you stare in bliss at this scene when you realize where this wonderful mess takes a gloomy turn. you look at the room in which you have woken up and realize this is the lair of such a madman
who builds such a wretch of a home in such splendor. you are chained to a bed which you can tell has a yeast bitten matress. around you you see tools of which you do not ish to locate origin, and many magical elements and runes, from their unusually dark appearance, they are obviously used for death related magic, either causing or removing. you can tell that you have been resurrected from the dead by the scar on your naked body, no doubt from a dagger (seremonial?), on your left breast where you heart is. on your right foot you see what seems to be a tatoo from a ritual shaped somewhat like this

[------]
/\
| |
| |
| |
| |

to you you see a mountain with a ball of light being shot up at a barrier in the sky of a colour you can't even name, you see shining stars and clowds supporting the mountain. under the beam of light ou can recognize what looks like human feet, perhaps a man casting a great spell?

you can feel that this mark is special, maybe even holy, and you feel a sort of unexplained relief at seeing it. you suddenly notice that around you there are numerous strange looking gamteways in a shade of a dreadful gray in which you see rooms with other people in your situation who apparently just woke up as you did. you can tell that those windows are just that, visuals to see into other rooms or houses, not portals, or barriers, just something to look at.(these are the excuses for other players to be allowed)

you realise you right hand is free, with an axe in reach! you grab the axe and, after hours of loud clangs you manage to carefully cut through your shackles with only one injury, a slight gash on your foot right below the symbol. the fot is fine.

you looks through the windows and see that everyone else is free and searching for ways to get out. you look for yourself, this powerful and lonely necromancer who brought you back from whatever grave is not at the house, perhaps he is dead, gone, or maybe he wanted you all to get free. now you must go seek out what happenned to you, who you were, who brought you bach, why, who killed you, why and what does that mark mean?

You are human, magic level 1, strength level 1, and stealth level 1, and knowledge level 5. all subcategories are also at level one except for a strange one under magik labeled "Necruso". what is this strange ability of yours?

Players are allowed to make up sub categoruies but please dont go everboard "like no social speed alcohol chugging category". and the town square is not fake, dont make up a part about it being an illusion.

(those attempted pictures did not come out right(what happenned?, they looked ok when i made them but changed when they were posted), the squares are all perfect and symetrical, and the mountain has a slope on one side with its peak reaching the scenter of that bar.

[ 12-09-2004, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: armageddon272 ]
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 11:26 AM   #2
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

My name is Jaggaer, i start walking out of the room into what looks like a crude kitchen and find a cupboard that has something glowing inside it. i take my hatchet and cut through it and find several wind and fire runes. using these, i must summon my little magik skill and blast myself a door out of this rat-hole. for i see no doors, and no window that i can break.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:55 PM   #3
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

OOC: Well, i guess noone likes my idea. should i remove this link?
Old 12-01-2004, 10:25 AM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: I read your story and it does seem to be an interesting game, however I am sorry to say that due to the fact that I already play in several games and that my university schedule is going to become more packed soon, I can't join your game now. If you manage to start it going I might be interested in joining later, but at the moment I am too busy.

Good luck for getting people for your game! Have you thought about starting a post to recruit people in GD?

dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 03:26 PM   #5
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

OOC: i was thinking of it but i felt like that would be copying Kumori
Old 12-01-2004, 03:50 PM   #6
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: You do whatever you want, I was just giving a suggestion. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-08-2004, 10:46 AM   #7
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

OOC: this is my last try at reviving this post. i guess no one likes the idea. but you'd think at least one person would join in.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:08 AM   #8
dplax
Jack Burton

OOC: You could try editing the title to reflect that you need players.

[ 12-08-2004, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: dplax ]

Old 12-09-2004, 03:29 PM   #9
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

thanks. hope that helps.