Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2002, 12:05 PM   #1
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Locked Away

How far you'll travel,
How far you'll grow,
For all to fade away,
How far you'll wander,
How far you'll press,
To smile at death each day.

I stand in wonder,
Watch you journey,
Through trials thick and gray,
As you plunder,
And pry asunder,
All that is locked away.

You're curious,
Young,
Naive,
Your will shall never bend
This adventerous personality,
Might lead you to your end.

Intriguing,
Seducing,
Worn,
Weathered,
And fey,
Call to arms,
Your greatest charms,
Or in blood you will pay.

Reality,
Harsh and cold,
May finally take its toll.
Then you'll grow gray,
And fade away,
And die as you are told.

Though ache and toil,
Appear to be,
The closest of your friends,
Remember now,
That you are strong,
And that every nightmare ends.

-Spree
(No making fun of my poetry! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Here are the current players. [img]smile.gif[/img] If any of them die, their spots will be open, just so ya know.
[*]Ar-Cunin, as Carth Sehar the human fighter
[*]Sir Exxon, as Turgon the elven sorcerer
[*]Dark Angel, as Lurin Yeven the elven ranger
[*]Lord Starshadow, as Pathris the elven rogue
[*]Skydracgrrl, as Skye the half-elven bard

*Ar-Cunin [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm assuming you saw my post on the joining thread. Since you'll be out, I think it will work better if we incorperate your character into the story after you get back.

There is 1 more spot left as of this point. If you are interested in it, or asked for one before and never gave me any stats [img]tongue.gif[/img] , then please PM me.

Turgon, Lurin, and Pathris

Three figures, completely and utterly comatose in this shadowed part of the world. Not a wise place to take a nap. But then again it wasn't exactly their choice to slumber here. In all truth, it wasn't even their choice to slumber. It was a poisoned sleep, a numb sleep, a shivering sleep, a darkness filled with nightmares and eerie whispers that crawled through each of their minds like insects of a thousand legs. Some were inaudible, creepy wisps of wind. But others forcefully pronounced their creed. They all heard the same cryptic messages flowing through their unconscious bodies:

"Always alone."
"Stay here forever."
"Sleep, maybe forget to wake up. Better that way."
"Mine. Mine. Mine. Your death is mine."
"No, death for us all."
"We shall see."
"It kills..."

Lurin was the first to snap from these fiendish voices, a cold sweat over him. Then as if a cord had been cut from him, Turgon fell forward from his slouched position, breathing heavily. Finally Pathris awoke, raising himself to a crouch, shivering profusely. Each of them in turn surveyed their situation. Any equipment they had owned before was no longer with them, and it was the last thought on their minds. Each of them was clad in simple tunics and slacks, in dusty shades of black and gray. This was all they had.

Looking about the prison, each of you notice individually that you have no God-given clue where you are or why you were brought here. All three of you are in the same room. It's fairly small, cell sized, rather dark. There's only one torch on the wall, which flickers sickly. It illuminates the room in a thin light which casts grey shadows all about the corners of the cell. There is a pile of dirty blankets in the corner where Pathris had been sleeping, and a splash of dried blood across the wall Turgon had been leaning against. Shackles are bolted to the floor near Lurin's feet, though none of you are constrained in such a matter. You notice a large metal door, and finally, eachother. Three strangers in an unwelcoming place none have you has ever seen. What to do?

[ 01-07-2003, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Killing Spree ]
Old 12-20-2002, 12:19 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Turgon loooked suspiciously on the two others. A small and slim figure, perhaps a Rogue? The other one looked more like the nature-loving one. Turgon had always acted with caution before, and he saw no reason to not do the same now. For all he knew, these could both be evil and manipulating creatures. He grabbed for his Dagger, which he normally kept in his belt. He didn't know why, it was just that kind of situation. He didn't find his knife, though, it seemed like he had been stripped of all his belongings. But there was one thing noone ever could take away from him, his magic. Being ready to fire a Magic Missile, he carefully tried to initiate some dialogue. His throat felt all dry and crispy, but he managed to get out a few words.
"Who are you?," was the only words that came to his head at the moment. He glanced at both Elves at the same time.
Old 12-20-2002, 04:33 PM   #3
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

OOC: OK, Lord Starshadow and Dark Angel. That's your que!

[img]smile.gif[/img] I'm going out with my bud to see LOTR and ta get some pizza. Celebrating our first season of survival! I'll see you boys later. Post away!
Old 12-20-2002, 06:45 PM   #4
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Pathris shivered as he awoke, although he did not know whether it was caused by the cold or the voices he had been hearing. He raised himself into a crouch, ready to spring in any direction. It was something he did unthinkingly; he was always ready to protect himself.

For the first time, he noticed that he was in a small room. "Where am I?" he thought. He went to pull his ever present cloak around himself, and noticed it was not there. "What the hell? Where's my beloved cloak?" he blurted out.

The movement around him finally registered. "Oh gods, there's other people in here!" he said to himself softly. He looked closer. "And they're Elves!" He quickly tried to back himself into the shadows. "I've got to cover myself." His hand went to one of the dirty blankets, grabbed it, and threw it over himself, making a makeshift hood and cloak. It settled him down, and he quickly regained his composure.

One of them spoke, but Pathris did not answer. The other hadn't done much of anything yet, but Pathris was keeping a wary eye on both now that he had come to his senses. He appraised them silently. "That one looks to be from a well-to-do family," he thought, referring to the one who had spoken. "Probably not used to something like this. But he doesn't seem to be so bothered by the lack of equipment. He must be a spellcaster of some kind, unless I miss my mark." But he was confident he was right. He had a good eye for people, as any rogue would. "This other... Hmm... I don't know what to think of him yet. Let's see what he does first."

Pathris began to appraise the situation, and he appeared to ignore his cellmates. But he was watching them like a hawk, his bright green eyes alert for any move towards him. While his face was probably not shadowed as a proper hood of a cloak would do, he hoped it was enough to at least make it hard for the other two to see where he was looking. He wrapped the blanket around him further, completely hiding himself under it. "No need for them to see anything they shouldn't," he thought. They couldn't darw conclusions from his skin color, but if they had seen his face and hair, they would have questions, or possibly worse, and he did not want to deal with that.

edit: ooc: Good enough for you guys? And don't expect anything this early ever again. I mostly work at night.

edit again: I just noticed a terrible typo I made and I just had to fix it. What is "shived" anyway?

[ 12-21-2002, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: Lord Starshadow ]
Old 12-20-2002, 07:03 PM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

With the sudden movement of one of his cellmates, Turgon nearly fired a Magic Missile, out of pure reflex. He probably weren't as experienced as an adventurer as the other two, but he sure had learned to watch himself.

As none of them answered, Turgon stepped back, and suddenly reached the blood-stained wall.
He hadn't noticed it before, but there was a strange smell in the cell. Sort of rotting, but still more than just a regular corpse.
He started chilling when he thought of all that probably had been going on in here. Torture, murders, sufferings.

Again he glanced at the awake one. He seemed like a man who had lived all his life on the road, learning from his mistakes, and being used to the fact to not own anything. In times like this, Turgon almost wished himself back to his family, and the big mansion. But he had chosen another life, a life that required that he was strong. Strong enough to live through these situations.

He sat down again. Knowing that these two couldn't be much of a threat without any equipment, he now rested his casting arm. All he could do now, was to wait.
"What is this place? Why am I here?" These questions kept flying around in his head. He had figured out that these two cellmates knew just as much as himself in this matter, so trying to ask again surely wouldn't help him much.
He briefly sighed, and waited for something to happen.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:57 PM   #6
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: [img]tongue.gif[/img] Normally I would wait for D.A. to post, but I really don't want to miss Starshadow's creative peak. Unfortunately I can't proceed any more until D.A. posts though. So I guess goodnight!)

Pathris crawled beneath the blankets, concealing him from the view of any concerned. However he was now highly visable to a rather disgruntled rat who had been snoozing beneath the blankets. The small rodent was eye to eye with the rogue. It made a lunge with its yellow fangs for the elf's nose, but it missed terribly, perhaps because it was just waking up.
Old 12-21-2002, 02:09 AM   #7
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Out of the corner of his eye, Pathris noticed a movement inside of his blanket. An angry squeak alerted him to the presence of a rat, and he had time to move enough to avoid the rat's lounge. While the movement had surprised him, but it was not like the elf had never been surprised by an animal before, and he regained his composure quickly. "Just a rat," he thought. "It's probably best just to get it away from me."

It fell short of its target (which the elf guessed to be his nose), and Pathris could hear it struggling to catch itself on the blanket before it hit the floor. With a flick of the hand, Pathris opened the blanket slightly, watching as the rat narrowly missed grabbing his leg as it fell.

The rat landed on the floor, but appeared to be unharmed from the fall. As it struggled to get to its feet, Pathris made a swift move and swept the rat out to the middle of the room with his foot. The elf quickly closed the blanket around himself, careful to leave no flesh unprotected. He saw one of the others looking at him strangely. "If that rat is going to bite me, it's going to have to go through this blanket first. I'm not taking any chances with it being poisonous. If you want to kill it, go ahead." Sure, he could kill it himself, but he did not want to get his hands dirty. He much preferred the use of a blade whenever possible. He stared at the rat anyway, daring it to attack. If it went after his face, he would catch it; his hands were more than quick enough. "But I think if it were very dangerous, it would've killed us while we were out cold." He shrugged as the rat looked around and noticed that it had more company. "It's your choice now."
Old 12-21-2002, 07:03 AM   #8
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Turgon stared at the rat. He agreed with the other, if it were any danger, they probably would already be dead.
He sofly kicked the rat away, as it got closer to him. He had never had anything against rats, but he thought it would be better to keep this one at a distance. His wisdom told him not to start playing with small flee-infected animals. Who knows what diseases it might bear.
"I see no reason to kill this little fellow," Turgon replied to the one who had spoken. "Nor do I see a reason to let it live."
He suddenly found it right next to his own legs. It's fangs were screaming against him, as it prepared to attack it's foe. Having nothing better to do, he lightly gave it a push, so it landed in the third Elfs lap.
"Now we should see some reaction from our cellmate," Turgon said, and mildly grinned at the one under the blankets.
Old 12-21-2002, 10:37 PM   #9
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

ooc: [img]smile.gif[/img] Wheee! I've found us another traveling companion. Skye's gonna be playing with us, she should be in soon. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll start her off probably in the cell down the hall from ya'lls. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hm. Anyway, just thought I'd tell you to look for her when you get out of your nice little rat-hole. She'll be starting this weekend I believe, [img]tongue.gif[/img] depending on how much we get done.

ALSO. If Dark Angel doesn't get his bum into gear I might get slightly cranky.

All 4 now! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Once again, I must wait for Dark Angel to move before I can proceed with my NPC's.
Old 12-21-2002, 10:38 PM   #10
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc- well, now that ive read the thread over and realised that the groveling wasnt necessary, i just need to gather my composure a bit. *takes deep breaths* ^^; k-spree, do you need me to pm you any specific info? let me know if you do ^^

IC- Skye groggily awoke, a sheen of cold sweat covering her body. She had been having a nightmare, of what, she could no longer remember. It didn't matter anyways. She rarely dreamed, and when she did it was always a nightmare. "Better not to dream at all then to live in nightmares..." she thought with a shudder, then noticed her surroundings. Maybe she wasn't awake quite yet afterall, since it appeared to be a typical nightmare setting. The half-elf was shackled to a bloodstained cell with nothing more than a simple tunic and leggings. A small torch guttered fitfully nearby, while a rat scuttled away at her sudden movement. Skye collapsed back with a groan, her long, thigh-length, chestnut coloured braid and bangs both bedraggled from her restless sleep. Her blue-violet eyes suddenly shot open and she sat up quickly, when the whiff of something rotting reached her nostrils. "I hope wasn't lying in whatever it was," she thought to herself, wincing in both dismay and disgust.

Down the bleak, sunless corrider she could her noises. Not knowing whether they belonged to friend or foe, "or rats," she added with wry humour, she remained silent, listening intently. Skye thought she heard the chink of shackles, but she couldn't be sure...

ooc- eh, usual character.. id come up with a new one, but i like this one too much ^^

[ 12-21-2002, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Closed Thread