Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2003, 09:29 PM   #1
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

The Rules of Sir Tainly's Irish Bar

1. No flaming of other people. Friendly ribbing is ok, but don't get personal and don't take things personally.
2. No spamming. Single word or single sentence posts are out. This is not intended to be a chat thread, you are all welcome to go to the General Discussion Forum if you want to chat. Posting about non-BG2 issues does not belong here. This includes posting about fluffies, pillow fights that go for 300 posts, or anything else that I can't find a remote BG2 connection on.
3. No profanity. It amazes me that people can behave so differently here as in RL. Unfortunately some people have been pushing the boundaries of this so I am asking you to restrain from it altogether.
Sir Tainly is the proprietor. Please let him or me know if these guidelines are not being adhered to.

Staff Roster:
Sir Tainly - Proprietor of The Bar
*Please Apply within* - Head of Staff
*Please Apply within* - bouncer. Check your weapons with him/her on entry
Skydracgrrl - entertainer and another cute elf
the three Cors Sisters - Waitresses (not the musical trio but scarily similar in appearance)
Seamus O'Connor - the cleaner (also has a sideline in construction work)
Lee Precorn- tends bar when I'm not there
Spud Murphy, an animated Potato who does the cooking
To prevent earlier problems, NO GODS OR SUPER-BEINGS ALLOWED - I AM THE ONLY ONE HERE (The Proprietor, that is). Any problems and I start a character registering forum

The story so far:
Tancred & Karnas, Skye & Lyulfe, Joram, and d'Artagnan & his pony Humphrey have all been transported back to the Bar, thanks to the appearance of TAOWolf. Skye still lies poisoned by a feminine enemy of Tancred because of a rumour about Tancred and Skye "being together." Mostly caused by Karnas and Lyulfe. Nanobyte's "pale-skinned elf" has just appeared from the sea. Meanwhile, a jousting tournament is occurring, and a strange woman has been secretly killing off all the competitors... what's the connection?

Other Notes...
Although the Bar is currently empty, visitors are more than welcome! Please come and enjoy yourselves! And don't forget, weapons are automatically checked at the door, and no one can be harmed! (Well, no harm lasts, that is ) And no, you do NOT need to be Irish to join!

[ 02-04-2004, 08:13 AM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 09:31 PM   #2
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

ooc- okay, here goes nothing.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

ic- The pair ran into the Tourney Hospital Pavilion, and a startling sight met their eyes. The bloodied knight they had been searching for was lying on a makeshift bed, the crimson blood on his shirt clashing horribly with his now deathly pale skin. His chest rose up and down rapidly, as he struggled for breath. Whatever poison that Skye had in her system, it had now had a strong hold on the knight. There were two other men in the room that resembled the dying knight in personage, and wore the same house colours as him. The two were currently struggling to hold down a small slip of a girl, who was uttering curses not usually heard from a child of her age. A woman dressed as a nurse stood in front of them, readying a surgical needle containing a greenish liquid.

"Hold the girl still, how am I supposed to inject the poison into her if you can't keep a small child in control?" the woman griped at the two men, who shot her angry glares.

"I'd bloody 'ell like to see you try and hold this demon spawn still; slippery as an eel, she is!" One of them groused, and the other uttered a strong oath as the child's teeth latched onto one of his fingers.

ooc- Tancred, would you rather use your original post for this, or mine? [img]smile.gif[/img] I don't care either way, since one of my char's is on her death bed and the other is discussing his role as a sidekick.. You and Joram are the two active ones, so you ought to decide the situation [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-29-2003, 09:34 PM: Message edited by: Skydracgrrl ]
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 09:46 PM   #3
Tancred
White Dragon

OOC: No, no, this is fine... beware! Scary nurse!

"At them, Joram!" cries Tancred, clenching his mailed fists in anticipation of a fight. "I hope this works!"
The young paladin leaps to the attack, chanting words of praise to the Heavens as he charges, bare-handed, at the knights; and, as if by a miracle, the image of a glowing hammer* appears in his hands…

OOC: *Spiritual Hammer. Don't leave home without it. At least, don't leave home without thinking about it.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:31 AM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

Although panting heavily only moments ago, the sight of someone in danger and the desire to do something about it seemed to fill him with fresh energy. Joram tried to simultaneously move forward and clear his freshly-whet sword from it's well-oiled scabbard, and succeeded at both. Rather than charging for the knights, he took a swing at the syrenge. His fear of poison-filled needles was greater than that of two warriors worrying about a paladin.

He had to drive the nurse away from the girl, smash the poison from the sharp pointy thing and turn around in time to help Tancred in his fight.
Knowing he was 'allowed' to wave his sword about as he pleased and strike at whomever he wanted folled him with a sense of freedom, and Joram was sure he could do it.

[ 01-31-2003, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 10:45 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL! Great Idea, the Sir Tainly Bar! Or how about the RP Bar?

Might I respectfully request that if anyone's name is mentioned in the intro post of an ongoing thread, they be asked if they wish to participate or have their name removed? Just pm them and ask. for instance, I don't believe some of the people mentioned now are even particpating on the RP board so it's silly to include them in thread as characters.

It might also be nice if the the intro be changed to suit the new name and atmosphere. Like have rocking horses rampaging through the main bar room...HEHE...err..sorry Sir Tainly! LOL
Old 02-01-2003, 06:40 AM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

A dusty warrior comes riding along, sitting on top of a somewhat.. chubby black pony, apparently singing songs of his better days.
"When maidens were fair,
I was there,
They each would follow meeee!
When drawing my sword,
You'll never get bored
Come along and seeeee!"

When he spots the group standing there, he suddenly stops singing, and a broad smile appears on his face. With an elegant swoop he jumps off his chubby pony, and bows before the people who are staring at him with mixed feelings, wondering whether or not they've encountered a lunatic.
"Hail and well met, noble warriors! I am d'Artagnan! Famous warrior, and free-lance bard!" With twinkling eyes he looks at the faces of the group one by one, and then suddenly he turns around and starts talking to his horse.
"Again, my dear Humphrey, we encounter mute people! How come we always have the worst luck in the world! In the name of the Almighty, why!" Then, nodding disappovingly, he starts brushing off his clothes, clouds of dust blowing everywhere. "It's been ages since we've had a decent dinner, and some decent clothes, Humphrey. We really need a job!"
The pony stares blankly at the warrior, who is still brushing off his clothes. Faintly the reddish colour of his worn outfit begins to show, and even d'Artagnan seems surprised.
"Red?! I thought I was wearing blue! No! Not red!" Even the horse seems to grow tired of the conversations of its owner, and with a sigh it lies down in the grass.
"Now now Humphrey. Don't pretend you don't understand. We've got a long way to go, and apparently these people aren't willing to give me hand, or at least some dinner. Or are you?" With these words the strange figure turns around and stares at the group, wondering if they're gonna answer his questions.

[ 02-03-2003, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: Link ]

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2003, 10:47 AM   #7
Link
Jack Burton

OOC: Well..I just felt like posting a new character. Didn't really pay attention to story well.. :shamefaced: But I guess I was riding on my pony and met Joram and Tancred. Is that ok? And removing the names is okay, I guess. Melusine, Lord Shield and all the others don't come here that often (or better said: not anymore), so I guess it's legitimate to change names now.
If you want you can appoint me to a task as well. I could be the bouncer.. I guess, but I could also be the entertainer of the bar with my new char [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-03-2003, 08:34 PM   #8
Tancred
White Dragon

Tancred stares at d'Artagnan, stricken dumb by the complete and total unexpectedness of the man. The young cavalier turns to jook at Joram - as if he might have some explanation - before turning back to the troubador-warrior.
"You'll... have to excuse us, dear sir..." he tries to keep the urgency out of his voice, bu it's there for all to hear. "Our errand is somewhat pressng this night. Back in a moment!"
And with that, he dives inside a large, white tent, marked as the Hospital Pavilion...
Old 02-05-2003, 04:12 PM   #9
Link
Jack Burton

Somewhat astonished, d'Artagnan stares blankly out of his eyes after Tancred has disappeared from his sight into the Hospital Tent.
"Hmph! Urgent!" With a mocking face the bard turns around and stares angrily at his chubby horse, which is still lying down in the grass. "What would you do in a situation like this, Humphrey?" The pony looks up, and stares at its owner for a short while before lying its head down in the grass once more.
"Just as I thought! We should either ignore them completely, or smite the evil out of them!"
The pony breathes heavily out of its nostrils, seemingly sighing. If animals would be able to speek, the chubby horse would have probably thought something in the line of "Not again", that we can be certain of.
"Up, up and away, Humphrey! I have decided what to do! You must aid me to destroy the evil in these poor fellows! I am positive that they're possessed by some terrible evil! Let us, the mighty d'Artagnan, and his noble steed Humprey, rid the world of this vile force!"
With a quick and fluid movement the bard draws his rapier, and faces his opponent. "Be afraid, my humble opponent, for I know of the art of magic as well! For I, the great d'Artagnan, have knowledge of the fabled spell Swirling Light!"
Having said this the bard charges forward to attack his opponent, but then trips over his own red outfit. Without even striking a single blow, d'Artagnan lies flat-faced on the ground, mocking heavily.
"Why me, Humphrey, why me! I always try so hard, and I always fail. It seems as if everyone and everything is against me!" With a sigh he stands up, and stares blankly at Joram, who is trying hard not to start laughing.
"I am terribly sorry, my lord, for this commotion I've caused, but I was just trying if I still.. had the touch, if you understand what I mean. Apparently I've lost it." A smile quickly arises on the dusty face of the bard, and with a quick, but sudden movement, he turns around, facing his black pony once more.
"Come on, Humphrey! I've found us a purpose in this life! We need to find it! we need to find my touch!"
With a sigh the horse stands up, and starts to walk towards its owner. After swinging himself on top of his pony, d'Artagnan starts singing a song in a loud voice;

"Anutherel, lïjeah ne, erynuccinavi
Llisareï ëstrai mayü, y Toryhûllina"

"It's an elven goodbye song, if you really want to know, my lord. It bids good tidings to those who are about to part. Unless, of course, I may accompany you to wherever you may go. Maybe you'll be able to help me in my cause to find my.. touch!"

Old 02-05-2003, 05:15 PM   #10
Link
Jack Burton

I second that Legolas! Sir Tainly's second hand Irish pub it is then! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT: Why do I get the strangest feeling that somehow the date when you've registered hops back with some users. I could have sworn I registered before you did, Legolas..

[ 02-05-2003, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Link ]