Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2001, 10:32 PM   #1
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Ok, i wanted to create my own items, so due to everyone's advice, i went to teambg's site, and looked at the "developers" downloads. Riiiight. I have no clue how to use this.... i downloaded EFF Maker v.1.1B, in order to create and modify items, scrolls, and anything else along those lines, but, uh, i'm a little bit (*cough, cough,* no clue, *cough, cough*) clueless on how to use it. someone mind helping me out, or telling me if there is a different,better download to use for creating/modifying items,etc? any suggestions would be appreciated... thanx!!!! ^_^;;
~Blondes rule! ^_~*

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 07-12-2001, 11:46 PM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Try shadowkeeper (or is that the 'developers dowload'?) I don't know the exact place to get it, but post something about it and you will get a link

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 07-12-2001, 11:54 PM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Shadow Keeper can be found at Mud-master.com, but I still don't know how to post links. As for the Team bg editors, they have excellent support there, but before you can edit or create items, you need to download the appropriate biff strippers, and strip the item files. From there, I went kind of touchy-feely, and posted a lot of HELP ME's on teambg's site. I hope that this helps. The way the game is set up now, with TOB, the latest version of Shadow Keeper is really all you need, as there are some almost overly powerful weapons available.
Lot's of luck, and have some patience, and check out TL's site, as most of the item maker programs are his. You can link to his site from teambg. Good Luck.

------------------
"...and that's the
bottom line, 'cause Robert the Bard says so!"
Robert the Bard TLH
Old 07-13-2001, 12:42 AM   #4
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

But doesn't Shadow Keeper only let you get items already existing in the game? I have Shadow Keeper, and I know most of what it does... but I wanna make kewl items! (*whine*) Someone here thats a super tech? help out the Blonde!

------------------
Quote:
What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of Heaven?
My Website!
Old 07-13-2001, 12:52 AM   #5
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

To create your own items you can use IEEP: Infinity Engine Editor Pro. I believe this is on the teambg.com site, just do a search for it. I have also heard mention that they have an entire forum dedicated to item creation and are very good at answering questions. Hope this helps a little as I have never done it myself

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 07-13-2001, 02:24 AM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

The items you'll need to download will be: 1) TeamBG VB6 package, 2) biftool and Windows Front End v1.0.0, and 3) the Infinity Engine Editor Pro. Install and/or unzip these programs then start with the biftool. This will extract all item files (for example) and put them into the "data" folder under the name "items"; it will then contain files such as "bow12.itm" or "sw2h10.itm". Use the IEEP's Item Fixer section to load individual item files; after altering them, or creating one from scratch, save the file into the "override" directory.

hmm....that's about it for a quick lesson #1. Any other questions anyone?

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....