Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2002, 09:13 PM   #1
moonraker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I can't find this sword. It's the sword Smitty sends you to get out of the crypt for the 3rd fighter guild quest in Valeia. He says its in the catacombs beneath the crypt. I've been both the wizard way and the warrior way can't find it. Any help would be much appreciated.
moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2002, 09:33 PM   #2
Loumistro
Drizzt Do'Urden

In the rooms after Scabban where you find Nivuis. you use the key to open all of the doors I am not sure which one the sword is in but that should help a little
Old 06-05-2002, 08:16 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Moonraker!

Loumistro is exactly right, the sword is to be found in one of the 4 tombs that includes Nivis' . If you still can't find it, check here:

http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html

Xignal created a great walkthru complete with maps which should help you locate the sword!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 11:37 AM   #4
Gormash
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Um, I have the same problem as Moonraker, not being able to find the sword. And I've BEEN down in the crypt.

I distinctly remember picking up a sword from one of the tombs (it looked a bit "different" and I found it along with a dragon shield).
Problem is that when I got back to Valeia and had all my stuff inspected by Smitty he rated it as a normal sword, and it got sold (Yes, I had it in the person with the quest's inventory)...

So, a bug or something?
BTW, I've patched WW. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but heck, I wouldn't know.
Gormash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 12:12 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

The sword will not appear in the crypt until you have the quest. This is true of all item quests - they don't appear in the game until you have the quest.

IF you sold the sword, go buy it back. It will still be there.

As a general tip, especially early in the game when you don't have a lot of money for identifying items, always check to see if you have completed a quest before selling items. This should save you some trouble.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 12:05 PM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

And if you have a character with sword skill in your party but can´t use longswords, ie rogues or bards, I´d recommend keeping it, after getting credit of course! It´s like a short sword +1 but with better damage (if I remember correctly).
Old 06-06-2002, 09:51 PM   #7
moonraker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you I found the sword. I also did my 1st series of ascensions I raised all my fighters one to paladin, one to samurai, and one to barbarian. I should say only the barbarian has finished his quest still have to find the stuff for the other 2. Anyway thanks for your help.
moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote