Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2002, 04:09 PM   #1
moonraker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In the crypt you're told you can only go one way so which way should I choose the wizard way or the warrior way.

Or is there a way to do both??
moonraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 04:38 PM   #2
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

The wizards path is easier, just stay along the sides and throw the 2 levers, hidden in the alcoves... (the center fire, resets the switches)..To do the warriors path, the easiest way is to carry a crate and run straight through...( Last time I did it, I forgot to grab a crate, so I ended up using a petrified Rat.. ..I tried a roach, but he died of crush damage..So I went back, stoned a rat and tried again.)
Old 06-02-2002, 04:40 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You can do both - there may be something about that in the BEST TIPS thread.

Basically to do so you will need to create a ladder out of crates and chests so you can get up the platform with the retractable stairs that you didn't reopen with a crystal. You'll have to go all the way through one path but then you can go back and do the other one!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 08:15 PM   #4
moonraker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok I went the wizards way killed Scabban found my way back to the dock area went up both those drop thurs but they lead nowhere. How the heck do I get out of here.
I've never had this much trouble in a game before. I think I'm working too much and my brian is fried!
Old 06-02-2002, 10:58 PM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Moonraker,

Back where you met Scabban, there was a hole in the floor and a lever on the wall. Flip the lever, then drop into the hole.

That will lead you to the next phase of the dungeon.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 04:34 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

The warrior's path: you can get the trap quite easily. You need not run or carry a chest.
1. Approach the first fire so that you see the bars at the end of the fires. The bars are down.
2. Make a step forward. You will be burnt and the bars will go up.
3. Make a step back. You are back at the beginning of the fire trap again - but the bars are up now!
4. Go straight forward. You need not carry anything or run. The bars will go down and up and they will be up when you reach the end of the trap.
It's clear how does it work. The bars change their position (up/down) when you step on certain places in the trap. If you went forward without "step forward - step backward" trick then the bars would be down at the end of the trap because going forward is not the supposed solution of the trap. The trick added one move of the bars and fooled the trap. The bars are going up and down again - but they are up when they should be down and they are down when they should be up.
Old 06-03-2002, 05:02 PM   #7
moonraker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah I went back to where I killed Scabban and found that lever. Thanks for replying though. Couple of more ?'s.

1-Why should I donate to the Temple's what will it do for me?
2-What is the gold urn for in Flo-- Ra's(sp) room?
3-What level is a good level to start role ascension's? Ihave 3-fighters, and a rogue,cleric and wizard.
Old 06-03-2002, 06:50 PM   #8
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

1.) Donating at the temple will raise your Presence stat, but the only benefit to that is that some Elite roles require an 8 or 10 minimum.

2.) The urn dosen't do anything, it's probably a left over from "Plan A". The game was rushed for release and we got to play "Plan B".

3.) Imho..Don't change roles of magic users until they learn all their top level spells, for their school. Warriors can always train up at the guild, but spell casters have limits on what spells they can learn. Check the BEST TIPS thread, page 1 has a few post that explain why.