Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2001, 06:05 PM   #1
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

Oh yeah baby! Last night I delivered the death warrant to Jon Irenius, courtesy of my super-team!! Its a good battle and I was v prepared and protected (altho I hadn't cheated beyond a couple of items & had been careful to avoid spoilers/walk-thrus) so in the end it was a bit of a mismtach for just one mage against a team.

But some questions:

i) I fought the beholders and TWO of my guys disspaeared?!! One didn't have a msg and the other was he was turned to stone! It was a bit weird. I didn't have the scroll or the spell so I couldn't turn him back. I beat the beholders and brought my guys in from the save just beofre the fight. My XP cap was wworking as just beofre the Jon fight my calavier had 2.97M XP, which is just above the cap, according to the rules..so i don't why. I assumed it was beholders disintergate

ii) the single mage is always a bit unfair v a whole party. any of my mages, would be a screwed against 5 or 6 guys in my team. the demons were a bit lame as protectors, my fighters went straight thru them while jon-as-slayer stood there in spell shields!!! and then I just totalled him. i really recommend a big battle, almost army size, or (my pref) a group of villians, who aren't just copies of the PC team but worthy adversaries. one v 6 is not fair. imagine the diff if jon had a high level mage or two with him, plus some dark paladins or whatever. cool fight.

iii) my BIGGEST complaint is you win and you can't save! whats the point! i want to go to NWN in top condition/as is I don't get XP for nailing Jon in Hell. sux. any way around this? I'm going to take my characters out and go do some other stuff over the weekend-my knesai mage is getting almost to 13/15 and once he goes 16 he'll have both class abilitles!! and what was with XP in the Hell-my guys were killing demons/beholders/the major villian and i didn't get a single XP msg-altho I DID see some progress on my scores...why is this?

and is there a way to access the character post-win? why not?

v) lastly..it was an excellent game, any grumbles are just that-only grumbles. it held my attention for lamost 2 months and I can't remember a game that i really played right thru in ages. BG2 rocked & I can only say bring on the expansion & NWN....I really enjoyed it!!!
Old 02-23-2001, 06:54 PM   #2
Stealth Bomber

Lekimbel, maybe next time put SPOILER in the title to warn others.
You can get some of the experience and special abilities if you save just before you insert the final tear. Then you should be able to import the character into NWN as you can in BG2 from BG1. Also, I achieved over 4 million EXP with my multi thief(19)/mage(15) completing all the side quests of my NPC's and playing with 6 in my party. You could achieve even more if you played with less. If you have an earlier pre hell save go back and finish a few others.

Old 02-23-2001, 07:15 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
You know, you can pause the game right after you put the final tear in (before the screen shake and your buddy comes out of the door) and export your character. Also, you can pause any time during the final fight and export your character. Lastly, when you finished BGII, when you access your "character" foler, there should be a file call CHAR1 (or something like that), that's the automatical final save the computer does for you once you best Jon.
Old 02-23-2001, 08:25 PM   #4
lekimbel
Welcomed New User

Sorr everybody for not putting SPOILER on that-i totally just didn't think about it-thats right about the export factor: i could even export mid-battle-but what about the XP factor? I literally did not see a single XP msg come up during Hell sojurn, and I killed a heap of powerful creatures-funny thing, because my rep had dopped to 9, due to killing some elfs, I even got a reward speech saying "I had done many dark deeds, but was Hero in Suden... etc etc"...I had to laugh. My rep was 9 after all!!! In BG1 I was evil from the start (bad move, but I was a beginner) and was forever spawning flaming fists etc...!!!!
Old 02-23-2001, 09:14 PM   #5
turbovee
Elminster

Stealth, I think the title of message had spoiler written all over it