Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2001, 03:24 AM   #1
Brian Barou

I created a paladin at the beginning of the game. I am now playing the Trademeet quest. I just noticed that I am now a Fallen Paladin. I don't know when that happened or why it happened or what I can do to ge back to Paladin status. Also, my spell icon will not respond. All my spells are memorized, but the icon is dark and I cannot activate it. I have slept and still no effect. I am very puzzled and frustrated. I would really appreciate help on this. Thanks.

Old 02-23-2001, 03:29 AM   #2
Tobbin_OHF

Once you become a fallen Paladin, you lose your abilities. I've heard that you can go through your stronghold quest and get restored to Paladin status, but I've never tried it so can not confirm that. If you freed Viconia, that may have caused you to lose your Paladin status. If you kill something that is not hostile, it can cause you to lose Paladin status. There are some other events in the game that can cause it too, but those in particular come to mind. If you have been saving the game, you might want to look at your prior save and see if you can go back to that (if the Paladin isn't a Fallen Paladin there anyways.) It's either that, or it will be awhile before you can get your status back. Good luck with whatever you choose though.

Old 02-23-2001, 07:05 AM   #3
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

It means you've been a bad boy. If your rep drops below 6, you lose all your paladin abilities and there's no way to get them back. Viconia joining your group will automatically cause your rep to go down by 2 points. Killing innocent people, being selfish and stealing also cause your rep to decrease. If as a paladin you started with 12 points, it means you've lost at least 7 points from various nefarious acts.
Old 02-23-2001, 07:11 AM   #4
Tobbin_OHF

Are you saying that a Paladin can not restore status through the stronghold? Hmmm. I was wondering about that. Not saying I go about hacking or slashing townsfolk. Well, not saying that I play a Paladin either, but I do have a Ranger and it's the same thing right? Vs being fallen I mean.