Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2002, 08:50 PM   #1
Fox
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How can i get my characters to hold their breath for EXTREMELY long periods of time!!!!!
Old 05-31-2002, 09:35 PM   #2
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi Fox;

...I get the feeling your in the Collasium...Your characters need to get scuba gear....(Breathers and helmets)..You can get it at the shipyard in brimloch... .. However, before you can buy them, you have to bring the shop owner 3 shells..( the shells are dropped by the carb o the sea when you kill them, but not all crabs drop a shell.. .)

There's also a post in the BEST TIPS thread, on page 4, ( Breathers TIP, multiple) if you have more than one character and are in a hurry...If you try this tip... save before you go into town..I've done it wrong a few times . It can be tricky.
Old 06-01-2002, 09:36 AM   #3
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Air and scuba gear is very overrated. Who needs it. As a young trickster, @ 5th level Bard, one may acquire the art of Iron Lung, for the right price and level. I can swim the majority of Collasium, only using the natural air pockets. On the occassion that I cannot find a air pocket, I have been known to cast Breath of Air. But scuba gear on this precious face, and a stupid shell taking up my second weapon slot, NEVER!

An Assassin on the prowl.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2002, 02:33 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

But remember, grasshopper, that the scuba tank in the second slot gives a monk a second attack hand-to-hand. Without it, the poor monk can only hit but once.

Never played a bard beyond level 3, so I haven't seen what skills a bard can learn in the guilds. You've piqued my curiousity; I may start up a game to find out.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2002, 05:57 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

The air problem:
1. The Athletics skill increases the time you can spend under water considerably. With Athletics 12, you can afford to do Collasium without underwater breathers (using Breath of Air and Restore Health spells).
2. The Iron Lung trait doubles the time you can spend under water. There are 2 sources of the trait:
a) You can buy the trait in the thieves guild when you reach level 5 for the guild. I am not sure whether everybody is offered the trait or whether only thief-like roles are offered it.
b) The Ring of Neptune (Collasium) contains the trait. The ring is in the 4 stars chest near the exit from Collasium.
With the trait and the skill, you can forget underwater breathers completely.
3. The Breatch of Air spell (Vine magic, level 6) clears the "drowning bar" completely. But it also takes one half of HP of the caster away. Use the spell with the Restore Health spell (Spirit Magic, level 6) - and only if your Athletics is enough high. Otherwise, you will be so busy with casting the spells that you will be unable to do anything else.
Summary: the primary tools are the Athletics skill and the Breath of Air and Restore Health spells. Later on, you can gain the Iron Lung trait.