Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2002, 03:20 PM   #1
Alenkii
Elite Waterdeep Guard

DX9 doesn't fix the text problems in D3D with higher then 640x480. Has anyone found a work around for it? It kind of sucks to run it in that mode with a 21" monitor.
Alenkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 04:50 PM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Well, I really don´t think directx is the cause of that...
Old 05-28-2002, 08:11 PM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Alenkii!!!

Well - have you downloaded all the latest drivers? Have you tried running the game in software mode?

Some people have had difficulty getting this game to run properly with DirectX 8 and had to downgrade to DX 7. I've been able to play with DX8 without any problems. You're the first player to mention using DX 9 so I have no idea if there are any problems with that version.

Check Saz' techie help desk thread. Maybe there is something in there that might help.

WIsh I could be of more help.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 08:59 PM   #4
Alenkii
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks. I'm a frist time poster (on the fourm) and a long time lurker. But, I have played the game start to finsh 3 times now.

Oh, and I beleive it's a DX problem. I've played the game with the same video card and DX 7 and the text displayed right, but it gets all screwed up for me in DX 8.1 and I was really hoping that DX 9 would fix it (who knows, it might when it goes public it's still in beta afterall ).
Alenkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 09:54 AM   #5
WillowIX
Apophis

Well you see, I run dx8.1 and I have no problem what so ever with texts, graphics etc. etc. when running D3D... A conflict between drive and dx could be it. The latest drivers aren´t always the best for the latest version of dx...