Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2003, 05:16 AM   #1
Lil Lil

Read Baghdad Bob's greatest quotes!

Picking just one for your sig is going to be tough!

Get your "God will roast their stomachs in hell" B-B-Q apron while supplies last!

We Love The Iraqi Information Minister . com

And all this time we thought Saddam and Chemical Ali would be trying to restore their fortunes by selling used cars, fresh vegetables,and furniture! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

Capitalism at its finest, yes.

Please don't shoot the messenger, Thank You.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:46 AM   #2
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Good find, Lil!
This is my favourite:

Quote:
"It has been rumored that we have fired scud missiles into Kuwait. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Kuwait."
Old 04-12-2003, 05:55 AM   #3
Melusine
Dracolisk

Strange you could get to the site at all, Hayashi. All I keep getting is this:

Quote:
Due to overwhelming support for welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com. We will be bringing it back on a brand new web server that will be dedicated to the task of serving this comical view of history's funniest straight man. This should be up in 24 hours from now.

Note: from the webmaster
The site was so popular that 4000 visitors per second showed up from around the world and overwhelmed this shared server for over 8 hours until we turned it off in self defense. It basically put a 100 other businesses out of business for a day. If we had known it was going to be this popular we would have put it on it's own server from the beginning.

What started out as a private joke to be shared by a small group of friends has turned into a hit. Check back in 24 hours or so while the internet routers figure out where the new web server is that replaces this old one. The site consists of lots of bandwidth hogging pictures and animations that you'll love once you see it on its new home server.
Obviously you two are not the only ones who found this site so funny
Old 04-12-2003, 07:33 AM   #4
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Obviously you two are not the only ones who found this site so funny
I keep getting that message too Mel. Looks like the site is pretty popular, and by the sounds of things, rightfully so. You've just gotta love a psycho on a power trip, unless of course his power trip affects you personally, in which case you've really gotta hate him.
Have you noticed how Bob is kind've like a fundamentalist deacon that's running for senate but gets ignored by everyone and has to say really stupid shit in order to get noticed? They need to get him on celebrity deathmatch, he can take on Rev. Jesse Jackson or something. His speciality move would be to 'fight his enemy in every street and house and swallow him whole', and then get completely knocked out with one punch or something. That'd be like, SO Bob.
Old 04-12-2003, 08:14 AM   #5
Lil Lil

Quote:
Originally posted by Hayashi:
[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Good find, Lil!
This is my favourite:

"It has been rumored that we have fired scud missiles into Kuwait. I am here now to tell you, we do not have any scud missiles and I don't know why they were fired into Kuwait."
Heh heh heh [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]

I also liked (remembered & probably not word for word, not gotten off the site just now), "They are commiting suicide under the gates of Baghdad. We are encouraging them to continue commiting suicides quickly."

I hope the site comes back up soon guys, it's a great laugh! Lots of quotes using shoes...rofl....
Old 04-12-2003, 09:12 AM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Overhere he's now named "the minister of denial". When they capture him, they shouldn't shoot him, but make him a talkshowhost. He'll do great, probably even better than Letterman and Leno.
Old 04-12-2003, 09:44 AM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I like when he said "We will push them into the swamp, and smack them on their faces"

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 09:56 AM   #8
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

"Our initial assessment is that they will all die"

There should be a campaign to spare this guy, he's got far too much comedic talent to waste away as a POW.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 09:57 AM   #9
Lil Lil

LMAO Ziroc, yet another classic.

The site is back up folks....well, for now [img]tongue.gif[/img]

johnny, (& Rimjaw! We were posting at the same time [img]smile.gif[/img] )this guy has definite star quality. [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

I like minister of denial much better than minister of disinformation as some here called him...still, "Baghdad Bob" will always be my personal fav.

[ 04-12-2003, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Lil Lil ]
Old 04-12-2003, 10:01 AM   #10
Mordenheim
Elminster

Britain "is not worth an old shoe."

Of US troops: "They are most welcome. We will butcher them."

"We will welcome them with bullets and shoes."

lmao..... thanks for the morning laugh Lil Lil [img]smile.gif[/img]
Mordenheim is offline   Reply With Quote