Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2001, 12:57 AM   #71
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

::eyes the soldier and waves her hand for him to sit. Maybe it was because he reminded her of the knights of Montebourne. She glances quickly to the newcomer at the bar and then back to the soldier.::

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-26-2001, 01:22 AM   #72
TheDutkanator

The barkeep isn't quite sure he believes this man's claims:
"You were in a dark alley, he was dressed in black, and you've obviously been drinkin'. How can you be so sure it was a Drow?"

"I swears it! Me mother's mother was killed by a drow! I seen it. You can tell by the way they move and the look in their eyes. One thing didn't quite fit though. This one's eyes were silver."

The Barkeep was still unsure whether or not he believed this man. However, one can never be too cautious when it comes to dealings with Drow.

"1,000 gold to anyone that can provide proof he is here. Another 1,000 to the one that can discern the beasts intentions. And 5,000 to the one that can bring me his head!"

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator
Old 10-26-2001, 02:13 AM   #73
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

"Interesting things you say?" Shadow asks the barkeep gently. *places a gold piece on the bar* "Another of these fine ales would go well, my friend, and anything you know of these interesting things would be much appreciated as well." From the corner of his eye Shadow sees the soldier approaching the young woman, catches her quick glance at him, and records the fact that the soldier took a seat. She was a good judge of character too, it seemed.

------------------

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - Lennon
Old 10-26-2001, 02:31 AM   #74
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

She stole another glance at the new comer before settling her eyes upon the soldier. Somehow the soldier made her feel comfortable, as the knights at Montebourne did.

------------------

LH Member

"I've had it up to here, listening to a small segment of people try to put down America! America's the greatest land on Earth, and we oughta be proud of what we have! I'm proud of America, I'm proud of our people, and I'm gonna prove it. We're American and DAMN proud of it! Frankly I'm getting a little ticked off...go ta ****"... Dink (if anyone knows who originally said this, please let me know!)
Old 10-26-2001, 03:24 AM   #75
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I know many things, many relevant, many irrelevant, but of your path I know nothing, I do however wish to know about it, and using magical abilities to scry someones mind isn't always very welcome with people like you, who I'm guessing would detect it, so I would rather just ask you.

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-26-2001, 06:10 AM   #76
Legolas the Elven Archer

OOC: Hey! This place is finally starting to liven up

IC (Res):
Res was confused. The mage had obviously stated that he knew of their plans, ad had admitted he could read minds as well. Yet there he was, asking for the deal. He began to understand Vangard's dislike for mages.
But they could use a mage. Traveling through the Giant Plains would be a lot safer that way.

'We have a quest here, one that'll bring us through the Giant plains a loong way. Now we need someone to protect our cargo in that stretch of land.
But before I tell you about the details 'n' the pay, I want to hear some more about yourself. Don't worry, if you're good enough, there'll be handsome money to be made.'

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-27-2001, 02:38 AM   #77
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

:: Liliara smoothes back her hair and lifts the Elven mead to her lips. She drinks slowly but deeply and returns the mug to it's resting place on the table, absent mindedly trying to place it within the wet rings that have acculuated on the wood. She looks up to the soldier, waiting to hear what he has to say.::

OOC: 250, did you get my email?

------------------

LH Member

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 10-27-2001).]
Old 10-27-2001, 07:50 AM   #78
Talthyr Malkaviel

ooc: let me be the first (or second or whatever) to say *bump*

ic:the sorcerer looked at the man up and down, carefully studying him *well, I have already told you all you need to know, but since you seem determined, you know I am a sorcerer, I was trained by a wandering band of people, and I left them to go on a trek, and that trek bought me here* he then stood up slightly straighter *now, have you any questions? I did not come here just for an interrogation*

------------------

Long live HADB!!!

Old 10-27-2001, 08:04 AM   #79
Legolas the Elven Archer

Res cursed under his breath. This man was almost as arrogant as Vangard. But he seemed to be the only wizard around, leaving him with little choice.

'Like I said, we're headed for the Giant Plains, which lie south of here. Vangard and I have a little errand in those parts, of which the details are not your concern, and since the roads can be trecherous this time of year, we could use a hand or two. Our bider is a prominent man in this place, and it is from his tresuries that you will be paid. We can offer you three thousand Imperial Gold, of which you will recieve half in advance.
All we ask in return is a bit of protection. Chances are there'll be nothing you need to do at all.
Res smile innocently again, knowing full-well the sorcerer cannot possibly reject such an amount.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-27-2001, 08:28 AM   #80
Talthyr Malkaviel

*Well now, maybe if you let me know a bit more about you and your companion, since you were so eager to hear about me, then I think your offer sounds quite acceptable*

------------------

Long live HADB!!!