Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2001, 02:57 PM   #61
Legolas the Elven Archer

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
OOC: HAHAHAHAHA!!! Jesus...
sigh, we have only one mage, so I will let you live for now... j/k

anyway, the dwarf is too drunk to get on business, just a friendly reminder.

By the way, no one said Res is going to employ the mage YET. so please read the scene carefully
OOC: Ah, but you said, and I quote:
'feel free to design moves for NPCs, but DON'T kill them unless you have a good reason doing so'

BTW, is there any chance Legolas' favourite beverage 'Darkbrew CCL' can get a permanent mention on your list of drinks? Otherwise you'll just get situations like 'barkeep, I'll have a double of whatever that elf in the corner is having' Wouldn't want that, eh?

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

Old 10-25-2001, 02:59 PM   #62
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Res looked at the sorcerer up and down with an interested look on his face. He said "no little abilities? correct me if I am wrong good sir, but aren't all wizards say that? say what can you do? have you even seen real battles?"

This is not typical Res, however, he knew if he doesn't throw some insult, the mage might keep those information to himself, which are very important factors to consider for his employment

Old 10-25-2001, 03:02 PM   #63
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: Legalos, that post was to Talthyr, he needs to say more if Res has to determine if he is capable for the adventure

sure, I will put that on, but what does CCL mean anyway?
Old 10-25-2001, 03:05 PM   #64
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ooc:I don't know what sort of ability I am at, what is the standard level most people are around, then ~ui can say my ability properly

*Aye, many times have I seen the clash of swords and magic, and maybe a demonstration will help*

------------------
Resident cantankerous sorcerer of the Clan HADB
and Sorcerous Nuttella salesman of the O.R.T

Long live HADB!!!

'What doesn't kill me makes me stronger'
Old 10-25-2001, 03:08 PM   #65
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

OOC: ... level 7 to 10 is fine, what class are you? specialty? whats the proudest battle you fought? considering mages dont like to boast (some do) then just describing what feats you can perform, try it
Old 10-25-2001, 03:16 PM   #66
Legolas the Elven Archer

OOC: weeelll... CCL is of course 250 in roman numerals, but it could also stand for the breed of grain (or whatever you like to make your beer from), the year (though that works better with wines) or the amount of actual darkbrew (the non-alcohol part) in a mug/barrel (one hundreth of a centilitre). Whatever you wish

------------------

Old 10-25-2001, 03:21 PM   #67
Talthyr Malkaviel

*I have seen many battles, my most memorable was against a horde of undead and then their necromantic master, it was a terrible battle, lasting several hours, magical energy lashing between us both until I succeeded* *but then from the effort I passed out, I do not remember much of what happened after, but I had greatly advanced in my skill* he furrowed his brow * I can tell you however that I am not boasting, but I am a poweful enough mage for your cause*

ooc: I'm a level 9 sorcerer.

------------------

Long live HADB!!!

Old 10-25-2001, 05:06 PM   #68
Talthyr Malkaviel

bump

------------------

Long live HADB!!!

Old 10-25-2001, 06:05 PM   #69
Legolas the Elven Archer

Res furrowed his brow as well. The small man obviously had his doubts. While the Elf was obviously boasting, the wizard's tale was equally hard to believe. Res didn't need men who'd pass out, but then again, he knew necromancy was a nasty branch of magic. He also was suspicious; how did the manling know what his cause might be?

'Tell me, then. What do you know of our cause?' he said. He had to tread lightly here.

OOC: nothing personal on the 'passing out' thing. Personally, I think it's a nice touch. But in the FR, it's, well, let's just say it's not that good for your PR to make such a thing common knowledge, okay? I'll just ignore it (don't know what CCL would do with his 'think before you type', but we'll find out about that later as we're all still learning (you just taught me not to do the same )

------------------

Old 10-26-2001, 12:56 AM   #70
TheDutkanator

All of a sudden, the door BURSTS open! In stumbles a commoner drenched in sweat and short of breath. "DROW!" he shouts, then passes out on the floor.

The barmaids rush to catch him and hoist him into a chair. The barkeep comes over with a strong ale. 20 min. later, they finally manage to revive him.

After much questioning, the patrons quiet down and give a listen:
"I saw'im. Black as the night sky he was. Dressed all in black. Two katanas strapped on his hips. His face was covered. He was a drow for sure though. You could see it in his eyes!"
"He was headin west. I lost'im after half a block though. What's a drow want with us anyway?"

------------------

Let's get'em guen!

Quote:
"I'm sorry, did I kill you?" -TheDutkanator