Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2002, 12:27 PM   #1
Vinetou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found out killing the Gauths isn't so easy, they always take a lot of my HPs. They can shoot eletricity and spells at me even if they are held or uncouncios. What is the easiest way to kill them?
Vinetou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:26 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

Buy the Shield of Balduran. It reflects back their eye spells.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:46 PM   #3
Suzaku
Drow Warrior

Cloak of mirroring too! or spell with same effect.
Old 03-04-2002, 02:44 PM   #4
Faceman
Hathor

Charge them with the whole party. No fancy magic or tactics. Just hack them to bits!
Easiest however is to use the Shield of Balduran or the Cloak of Mirroring. Staff of the Magi also does the job. Select the staff to be invisible. Hit and immediately reselect the staff making you invisible again. Continue until the Eye Tyrant is down.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:06 PM   #5
Vinetou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanx for help, but i tried harder and killed them by summoning Kangaxx, who poisoned 2/4 Gauths. 2 gauths who remained were easy to kill. But then, you said i can use Shield of Balduran or the Cloak of Mirroring or Staff of the Magi. I'm in the chapter 2 and don't have any of this stuff. Where are they? And where can i get Boots of Speed?

[ 03-04-2002: Message edited by: Vinetou ]

Vinetou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 03:15 PM   #6
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Vinetou:
Thanx for help, but i tried harder and killed them by summoning Kangaxx, who poisoned 2/4 Gauths. 2 gauths who remained were easy to kill. But then, you said i can use Shield of Balduran or the Cloak of Mirroring or Staff of the Magi. I'm in the chapter 2 and don't have any of this stuff. Where are they? And where can i get Boots of Speed?

[ 03-04-2002: Message edited by: Vinetou ]

Do a search for the twisted rune to get the staff of the magi.

For the shield of balduran you need the bonus cd merchants, Dierdre in the Adventurers mart has it. The TOB patch has them as well, and you can download them from Baldurdash.

The boots of speed IIRC are in the planar prison, (the Haer'dalis quest)
Old 03-04-2002, 10:45 PM   #7
Gimlee
Elminster

But if you do nothave any of those powerfull items when your doing the unseeing eye quest, you can try the spell hold monsters, works great and magic resistance. Another helpfull trick is too get near them. There melle hits are week compared to there white thingies.