Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2003, 06:34 PM   #1
Lord Smite
Dungeon Master

spoilers throughout
I just finished the fight with the Githyanki war party that tries to take back the silver sword in the slums after you come back from underdark. I got all the usual items and the hilt and whatnot, but since ive recently installed the tactics mod there is this kick ass unholy reaver sword. its the opposite of corsomyr and can be used by anti paladins, and evil fighters (anti paladin being a fighter kit). My prob is my main char is evil, but hes a barbarian, and thus cannot use the sword since hes not a "fighter" class. I think this is total crap and i should be able to use this weapon on mass destruction.
Is there any mod or cheat (shadow keeper maybe?) that would allow my Barbarian to weild this sword??? Pllleeeeeeeaaaassssse help
Lord Smite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 08:14 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I find that rather odd, since, technically, the game engine treats the Barbarian not as a separate class, but a Fighter kit. You are, therefore, an Evil Fighter, and should be able to use the Unholy Reaver.

On another note, however, I don't know what the Unholy Reaver's enchantments are, and I don't really care, because your party has already walked right by an incredibly powerful weapon for Evil Warriors: The Soul Reaver. Don't worry, you can always go back & get it.
Old 01-28-2003, 08:57 PM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Given that the Soul Reaver is one of the components to make the Unholy Reaver, I assume he had it in his possession already.

[ 01-28-2003, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:22 PM   #4
Lord Smite
Dungeon Master

must be a bug then. I do have soul reaver, but i picked the unholy reaver off of a Githyanki anti paladin in the fight for the silver hilt. I have recently installed the tactics and ease of use mods, and in my former playing cromwell has never mentioned anything about upgrading the soul reaver. So i have both swords, (strange, i guess). Korgan can use the soul reaver, but my chaotice evil half orc barbarian cannot (maybe your confusing the berserker kit, which is a fighter kit, wile barbarain is seperate in the initial class selection) But barbarians should be able to use all fighter equipment regardles (-plates).
Never the less, Id still appreciate any ideas on how i can use this

Hmmm. Obviously im not supposed to have this one yet. Can someone clarify if Soul Reaver is upgraged by cromwell (if so what do else do i need) or later in TOB.

Oh and by the way sixofspades (spoiler i guess)

unholy reaver
+5 thaco
1-12+5 damage +5 against good alignment
dispells magic every hit
immuninty to psionics and charm

[ 01-28-2003, 10:33 PM: Message edited by: Lord Smite ]
Old 01-28-2003, 11:00 PM   #5
Imrahil
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Smite:

Is there any mod or cheat (shadow keeper maybe?) that would allow my Barbarian to weild this sword??? Pllleeeeeeeaaaassssse help
Well, you could always use Shadowkeeper to assign it to your Quick Weapon 1 slot. If you equipped something else, you couldn't re-equip it, though.

You could also give yourself the Innate ability to Use Any Item & just make sure that's the only "illegal" item you use.

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 11:12 PM   #6
Lord Smite
Dungeon Master

both good ideas, thank you. And have no fear of equipping something else, with a weapon this powerful, i highly doubt that will be an issue
Old 01-29-2003, 02:36 AM   #7
weimer
The Magister

"Soul Reaver" +4 occurs normally in the game (Demon Knights, SoA).

The Githyanki Anti-Paladin "Unholy Reaver" does occur in ToB but it is undroppable and has buggy opcodes. The tactics mod Anti-Paladin kit turns it into a +5 blade that protects from charm and psionics (githyanki vs. illithid and all that) and dispels on hit.

The Item Upgrade mod allows you to combine Soul Reaver +4 and Carso and the Heart of the Damned into "Soul Reaver +6". SR+6 is the only unholy avenger that provides magic resistance.

Of these, only the "Unholy Reaver" has tricky kit requirements (anti-paladins only). Since it comes with the anti-paladin kit and was used by a gith anti-paladin, this is not as "unreasonable" as it may seem. The others are basically usable by any evil character.

Anyway, all of the suggestions given for hacking around it will work. Optionally, fire up NI or IEEP and change reaver.itm's usability.

[ 01-29-2003, 02:37 AM: Message edited by: weimer ]
weimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 01:54 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

See what you get for contradicting me, Dundee?

Soul Reaver+4: SoA. Kickass sword usable by Evil Warriors & Bards.
Soul Reaver+6: ToB. Even more sickeningly powerful sword usable by Evil Warriors & Bards.
Unholy Reaver+5: SoA. Kickass sword usable by Anti-Paladins only.

Barbarians are indeed treated as a Fighter kit, according to Shadowkeeper, even though all the documentation says that they're a wholly separate class.

Lord Smite, Cromwell doesn't mention upgrading the Soul Reaver because it's a ToB-only upgrade: One of the required components can only be found in ToB, and therefore only Cespenar can perform the upgrade.

In my game, the Soul Reaver+6 is too powerful: It grants a bonus of +50% Magic Resistance, instead of the base 50% MR granted by its relevant component. I hear that some change was made to the MR in a recent update to Weimer's Item Upgrade MOD, I wonder if this was the correction.
Old 01-29-2003, 06:30 PM   #9
Lord Smite
Dungeon Master

hmmm. It seems as if the improved soul reaver and the unholy reaver are VERY similar. The Unholy Reaver can be used by anti paladins AND any evil fighters. Korgan can use it just fine, but its a little big for him.
I just have the feeling this weapon is really not supposed to be here, with the way soul reaver becomes a +6. This sword uses the same graphics as corsomyr, both in the description and in my inventory. (like they are twins just of opposing forces). But if this is the twin of corsomyr, then waht is soul reaver +6?
Nevermind. (I'm not a shadow keeper user, i just play the game with mods and CluaConsole, so i guess im plum out of luck.) It just seems that the unholy sword is a copy of soul reaver, and it wasnt meant to be. Oh well
Old 01-30-2003, 12:20 AM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Holy Avenger (Paladin sword): +5 enchantment, extra damage to Evil opponents, 50% Magic Resistance, Dispel Magic on hit (and also 3 times per day).

Unholy Reaver (Anti-Paladin sword): +5 enchantment, extra damage to Good opponents, immune to Charm and psionics, Dispel Magic on hit

Soul Reaver (Evil sword): +4 enchantment, each hit applies cumulative +2 (or is it +4?) THAC0 penalty to opponent

Soul Reaver (not sure what Alignments can use it): +6 enchantment, +50% Magic Resistance, Dispel Magic on hit, cumulative THAC0 penalty with each hit.