Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2002, 01:36 AM   #11
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I've yet to be seriously sick; but in March i had Asthmatic bronchitis...that was pretty nasty. I had 2 inhalers, one that caused to me to cough all the fluid out of my lungs. Frigging sick! I had to miss 3 days of school cause it also gave me a raging fever. Hope I never get it again, yeech! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 08-31-2002, 06:13 AM   #12
Moni

Years ago I woke up trying to draw in air to breathe and I couldn't.
Finally I went into a panic and drew in air but the immediate response was me choking and coughing up great amounts of thick fluid.
When I quit choking, I went to the emergency room.
I had pneumonia.
I still carry it in one lung and can "catch it" all over again if I get too cold or wet and cold at the same time. I've had at least four cases of it since the first.

I am also partially deaf in my right ear from having my ear drum perforated at a young age (sister slapped me upside the head in a pool pushing water into my ear at a great force). It is not enough hearing loss to mandate wearing a hearing aid but I do miss one tone in audio testing and normally have to look at people's mouth while they are talking to hear them correctly.

A couple of years ago, there was a period of time where all of a sudden I couldn't hold down any food whatsoever. I went to see a Dr. after 5 days of throwing up and he prescribed me medication for nausea and sent me in for tests to see what could be wrong. By the time the prescription was finished, I could again hold down food and was putting weight back on (I had lost close to ten pounds in that 5 days).
Then I went to go to sleep one night and heard Rex snore...my stomach flipped over and every nerve in my body stood on end. That is what was making me sick...the sound of him snoring. We go to sleep at different times now but I still get to hear him snore sometimes (now that I am in school I fall asleep before him so I haven't heard it all week lol). When I hear it now, my stomach does cringe a little and it still gets on my nerves but nothing like when I first moved here.

I was also in an auto accident in 1986 that gave me a bunch of really fun internal injuries to get over...ruptured stomach, lacerated liver, displaced kidney...I still have to deal with the repercussions of having been hurt so badly by watching what I eat and drink. No more beer for me lol. I'll probably have to deal with it all until I die. No biggie though, I eat healthy now.

Want more? LOL

I had pertussis (whooping cough) just before I came here to Texas three years ago. That was most painful!

Food poisoning...been there done that a number of times from eating out at restaurants or in school cafeterias. Not so much since I stopped eating pork though.

Thinking, thinking, thinking....ah, that's enough for now.

Old 08-31-2002, 06:26 AM   #13
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

just wondering... what's the diff between being "seriously ill" and "damn sick"?

Don't think I've ever had anything mega-serious and don't plan to either. I hate being sick.
Old 08-31-2002, 07:00 AM   #14
Deathbringer

Does this count?--

Once I broke two of my ribs and I had to go to hospital for quite some time. While in Hospital I caught Pneumonia and had an ear infection. Now if you have ever broken a rib before, you will know how much it hurts just to breath!! Now take that pain and add the pain of Pneumonia in your lungs and the added pain of having an ear infection! I felt like dying. It was that bad.
Anyway, I got better, came out of hospital and got food poisoning by eating expired cheese.