Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 07:39 AM   #51
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion437:
What the hell... I'll go into this anyways. Anarchy has been proven impossible. Examples in the Russian revolution, the French revolution, The biweekly coups in Africa (Yes, that is a stereotype, and definitely not true) and all that show that as a species, we never were, aren't now, and most likely never will be capable of this existence. Human nature makes the reality of it impossible. If they can bend their theories around human nature, it's all possible. I've also noticed that most anarchists have numerous holes in their plan for the future, in that they mainly focus on getting anarchy, not so much as holding it. It's not getting it that's the problem, it's keeping it. Perhaps if you can show me an organized focus of what the post-revolt plan will be, then maybe I can even begin to accept the possibility of your ideas being workable.
Well since I'm not an anarchist, I can't really answer this. I appreciate your views when put in a sensible, non-flamebaiting fashion such as this. What I objected to was your original post which was quite offensive towards people with different views to your own. Tolerance of others takes a while to achieve, I suggest you get some practise.