Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2002, 03:38 PM   #1
ronan
The Magister

good evening,
I am in Arnika and for some reason all the locals hate me, while I am used to this in real life it is a trifle disconcerting to see it repeated on screen. I entered the town, I spoke to the land lady and it was all good but since rescuing the valkyrie the landlady won't speak to me and I can't sell my goods and chattels. Any idea what I have done to offend everyone or how to get them all back onside?
Old 11-03-2002, 05:22 PM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

either you have hit the locals hate you bug. or you mistakenly attack them. try to reload an earlier save.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 07:40 PM   #3
bling bling
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Have you attacked any of the town guard, the bank guards, the NPCs (i.e. Heli, Braffit, Antonne, Vi, Myles, Anna, etc.)? Have you tried to pickpocket and failed? If the answers to these questions are "no", then something screwy is up and you probably want to reload. If the answer is "yes", then you either have to lay in the bed you made, or reload to before the point you pissed off the locals.

BB
bling bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 02:34 AM   #4
Oruboris

I once accidently targeted some trynnie in one of those fights where you can't see what you are doing very well: not pretty...

My point [and I do have one] is you can accidently whack a local without meaning to, or even knowing it, till after the fact.

Oru
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 06:06 PM   #5
prodigal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah - boom bombs or the sonic boom spell are the best way to do that - you get the jump on the opponents, but also if you use one before the opponents see you, it counts as an attack on EVERYONE in range of the detonation. And it's hard to use one anywhere in Arnika where there's not someone friendly within range - even around a corner where you can't see them without detect secrets or x-ray! Same with trynton...
prodigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 06:10 PM   #6
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Agreed, sonic boom is very useful, but not so safe if you're in an area with friendly "green" guys walking about - its area of effect is pretty large.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:26 AM   #7
ronan
The Magister

I am guessing that i must have caught a local with a bomb. Unfortunately I do not have any saves from before this and so must continue as a target for the mob, alas!
Old 11-12-2002, 01:49 PM   #8
Kerneth
The Magister

If you're just getting into Arnika, you'd almost be better off starting a new party, unless you just want the extra challenge of not being able to buy supplies and such.
Kerneth is offline   Reply With Quote