Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Who are you?

I'm not talking about character levels, stats, classes, etc. as much as trying to get a sense of our characters. Who are we all in Cyrodiil?

Anomandaris is a Dunmer Spellsword who leads a double life. He believes he's a good person at heart (as in he helps others, finds lost loved ones, tracks down evil creatures, assists the downtrodden, gives money to charity, etc.) He is becoming well-known for his exploits (Kvatch being an example, where he risked his life to save others). However, he has one big vice - he enjoys fighting and killing. As such he fought in the Arena, killing other gladiators for money, eventually becoming Grand Champion. He's also just joined the Dark Brotherhood, although this has caused him a lot of guilt. He needs money though - badly.

He does realise the threat that the Mythic Dawn poses and so is determined to help protect the Septim throne, becoming a Knight Brother of the Blades. Along the way he's also joined the Thieves Guild to give himself some easy cash, the Fighters' guild because he's excellent with a blade, and the Mages Guild because of his magical talents.

His journey continues...

Would love to hear from the rest of you.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:32 PM   #2
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Vanthalas is a Dark Elf Nightbreed who knows no compassion. He has slowly worked his way up in the family, with his recent promotion being Assassin.

He doesn't take lives needlessly, as that is a waste, but the Contracts he is given are finished with gusto.

As of a few days ago, he was bitten by a vampire, and has, since then, not been feeding.

His personality may be diminished, he may not be able to go out in daylight, but he has gotten certain... abilities. Abilities that are invaluable to his life as a Family Member. The ability to persuade, to detect life, and expecially the power of invisibility. Those powers, the ones that came with becoming an undead hunter of the night, a thing of [b]evil
are the ones he covets most. The others are just a bonus.[/i]

And there he is!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel is an imperial battlemage. Wrongly imprisoned and left penniless on the streets, he has turned to thievery to survive and finance his magic studies, recently gaining entrance to the famed Arcane University.

His superiors did not approve of his lawbreaking however and he became ostracised from the mages guild. Spurned, he withdrew into himself and this has begun to provoke cold rages within him when things go wrong.

After murdering a family in the night after a botched theft, he is currently not even welcome amongst the thieves - instead he and his stolen horse roam the countryside trying to eke out a living and prepare for their return to the city.
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:46 PM   #4
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Ilander is a man seeking his fortune, lost in a sea of people who really don't seem to conform to any kind of morality. He does, however...he lives by his moral code, and knows his skills, with a blade, and with an Alembic. With his knowledge, he found the power to cleanse the world...

Then came the Oblivion gates. At first, Ilander focused his attention elsewhere, accruing power and equipment for his cleansing, but the evil crept steadily into his life, until he realized only he could do anything in a world of NPCs too blind to see the Gates opening right in front of their homes. He walked out, sword in hand, ready for the worst....

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:37 PM   #5
Lucern
Quintesson

(Have it, but not a computer or the time to run it atm!)

So I'll just pick on one of you.

So Ilander...this Alembic you speak of...is this your alchemical equipment, or your bass guitar?
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:51 PM   #6
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

...my bass isn't so nice, alas...

Seriously, Ilander is a heck of an alchemist...and alchemy is incredibly useful. Oblivion Gates are pushovers for Ilander, as tested tonight...I think I may spend a few days just closing them, since Daedra Hearts make restore health potions...it's like the Gate closes itself!

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:54 PM   #7
Thoran
Galvatron

My name is of no consequence, I am shadow and mist. The world at large thinks me a great hero of the age and praises me, much to my amusement. Yet in truth, my work to end the Oblivion invasion was purely for my own gain, this is MY world and I will crush all competitors. Now I live a double life, loved by the masses... unless they are unfortunate enough to catch the attention of my family.

In the darkness I strike, my mastery of the bow is combined with illusion and alchemy to allow me to deal death unseen. Blood is the coin I offer to the Eternal Mother, and in return I am granted POWER.
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:53 AM   #8
shadeoracle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ShadeOracle (aka Shrek) is an Orc Ranger who was brought up in the harsh climate of the Dragontail mountains. His father is the Archdruid of the Dragontail mountains, hence ShadeOracle has a somewhat natural affinity for conjuration and defensive magic, and the occasional bit of frost damage as a party trick. His mother spent a lot of time with the Wood Elves and became a very effective markswoman. When ShadeOracle went with his mother to see the Wood Elves, he found he enjoyed learning the skills of the bow and blade. ShadeOracle believes that Mother Nature should guide the behaviour of people, not the laws of cities, but he still follows the laws to point where an action is illegal only if you get caught. In other words, he does what he has to to bring balance to nature and if it means breaking any 'laws', he just makes sure he doesn't get caught.

ShadeOracle feels that there is no more effective a teacher than Mother Nature herself, hence frowns upon the academic combat training of the Imperials and Redguards. Therefore he is most displeased when Imperial Guards respond to his presence with an insolent 'What?' He is suspicious of the Bretons, their ability to grasp magic quickly, almost too quickly, as if it ran in their blood, seems odd to him. To the Orcs, the Bretons seem to be imposters of nature's magic of conjuration and healing in an attempt to hide their demonic instinct and lack of native, earthly, homeland. However he has an affection for the creatures of nature, such as the Elves (especially the Wood Elves), the Argonians and the Khajiit and also the Orcs' mountain brethren in arms, the Nords.

When ShadeOracle came into his teenage years, he began to take day long excursions by himself, leaving before the break of dawn and returning in marvel at the moonlit sky. During these trips, he learnt what to eat from the offerings of Mother Nature. Using this knowledge, his proficiency as an alchemist began to increase. During his life, especially on his little journeys, he built a resistance to the elements, disease & poison and his concentration would increase to a point where a drained attribute would barely affect him.

A long career as an adventuring ranger awaits ShadeOracle (and a lot of 'rewards'), and by the guidance of Mother Nature, may he succeed.

P.S. Any Imperials, Redguards or Bretons offended in the course of this tale need to take it to the council of really powerful Orcs and I'm sure some sort of 'agreement' can be made.

[ 05-07-2006, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: shadeoracle ]
shadeoracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:43 PM   #9
Gnarf
Emerald Dragon

Gork is a lizzard. He's not smart, but quite strong. He tends to get into fights.

Once he got real drunk while having his axe nearby. After, he was put in some cell to rot.

It seems someone chose the wrong cell tho. After going insane from living in a cell for far too long, someone came running into the cell, and Gork was dragged through some caves or something. Gork doesn't remember much of it, other than that it got rather bloody...

After being freed, Gork felt like he'd gotten a new chance at life and decided to do better this time around. For a while, he made a living helping those in need, and even joined the Fighters' Guild, doing some fairly good deeds for them as well. That feeling could only last for so long tho, and after killing some guy for a new hammer, he was also working for the Dark Brotherhood. And he started fighting in the Arena.

By smashing lots of people over their heads, Gork is now the Grand Champion of the Arena, the leader of his guild, and has gotten some leader-like role in the Dark Brotherhood. This means neither is much fun any longer, so Gork stays away from'em.

Nowadays, he's exploring various dungeons, picking up any jobs that sounds fun, and drinking. Life certainly ain't as much fun as it was a few months ago... might be he'll go check out what that business in Kvatch everyone's going on about is.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #10
Drenn
Welcomed New User

Shadowstep- An Impirial theif, he started out as a young boy, farming near Cheydinhal, with a poor family. His father owed an important man some money, so they spent their lives trying to pay for it. By the age of 16, his father died, and in order to pay for the money, the important man sent Shadowstep into slavery.

He was now owned by a rich man, and when he became 17, his master stole something from a swords dealer, and the dealer noticed it. In order to free himself from the charge, he framed shadowstep for the theivery, which directly sent him into the Cheydinhal prison.

Shadowstep was now 18, and had made several escapes from the jail, by many means, such as lock picking himself out, or stealing the keys from patroling gaurds, but he was always sent back by gaurds from outside. For this he was sent to a jail that noone had escaped in years, the imperial prison.

In there he rotted for 3 years, which were all spent in anger. Valen Dreth, a nearby cellmate, was an anoyance. He said many racist comments towards shadowstep, and also some unspeakable things of his mother. Shadowstep had tried many times to assassinate Valen, such as tossing a bit of poison into his soup, or trying to persuade the gaurds into killing him.

Each attempt failed, and after a life of misery Shadowstep was on the brink of suicide. On that night, a familiar voice was heard from the stairs, the Emperor. The one that watched over him as he worked through slavery, doing nothing, just overwatching, as if he was studying him. The rage inside him built up.

He followed him through a dungeon, not being seen by the gaurds, and awaited him to be alone. Finaly he was, the blades left him in an unwatched room, perfect for his assassination. But someone came through the wall, smashing the Emperor in the back, and then went for the blades.

The emperor gasped for breath, still alive. Shadowstep walked towards him, and finished him off with a crushing blow. He took the passage that the unknown man came from, in the wall, and went unto his freedom. Eventually he reached outside, and tears reahced his eyes. For once he was free. He fell on his knees, and glanced at the beauty, then looked down to see a paper.

It seemed to be for him, saying to meet in Dareloth's garden at midnight. He did so, going to the Impirial city's waterfront district. There he was initiated into the theives guild, after being tested for his skills. He excelled through the theives guild, doing each task as if it were being done by the grey fox himself. Which was a good coincidance.

He miself became the grey fox, after climbing to the top, and at that point he felt was avenged. Nowadays he can be seen wearing the grey fox's mask, stealing several rare artifacts, collecting them, both for money and sport.