Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2002, 03:15 PM   #1
Epona
Zartan

At about 4pm this afternoon, I left my office building to make a call on my cellphone. I crossed the road and stood on the pavement in front of a semi-constructed building. After a few minutes I was chatting away, when I suddenly realised that I was standing in a cloud of black smoke and that burning debris was falling all around me!

Looking behind me, I saw that flames were belching out of the half-finished building! I legged it up the road, dodging burning and molten plastic that was dropping from the skies above me, trying not to inhale any of the black smoke.

The fire brigade turned up a couple of minutes later, and it took them a little while to put the fire out - they were still there an hour and a half later.

I have a burnt scalp (not bad, just a bit sore) from where some burning plastic hit me, my eyes are stinging like mad, and I feel as if I've just smoked 3 packs of cigarettes within the last 5 minutes.

Thankfully no-one was hurt, all the builders got out OK. The thing that gets me is that I didn't even notice the fire straight away, yet I was standing within a few feet of the roaring inferno [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img]

0/10 for powers of observation
Old 09-16-2002, 03:17 PM   #2
Lord Shield

book yourself a check-up, Laura. Just in case

(yes I know i sound like your mother but that doesn't matter [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Old 09-16-2002, 03:19 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

OH MY GOD! Laura, that's so scary!!! I'm glad you feel ok, but I agree with Adam, go see a doctor just to be sure all is ok!
Old 09-16-2002, 03:19 PM   #4
MagiK

Glad you are OK Epona...but ummm you might want to take a course to improve your awarness of your surrounding [img]smile.gif[/img]

How on earth could you ignore the smoke untill you were nearly engulfed? Or were you talking to your Boyfriend on the phone?

Old 09-16-2002, 03:44 PM   #5
Moni

Sounds to me like YOU were hurt! I am really sorry! Also glad it wasn't worse! I hope you are feeling better soon!

Old 09-16-2002, 05:50 PM   #6
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
How on earth could you ignore the smoke untill you were nearly engulfed? Or were you talking to your Boyfriend on the phone?
Er... um... might have been

I'm OK now, just a little sore spot on my head, everything else has cleared up no problem. I like a bit of excitement!
Old 09-16-2002, 05:55 PM   #7
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Er... um... might have been

I'm OK now, just a little sore spot on my head, everything else has cleared up no problem. I like a bit of excitement!
[/QUOTE]you might creave excitement but we prefer our darling Epona intact - be more careful next time *wags finger*

Old 09-16-2002, 06:03 PM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

Wow Laura, I'm glad you're OK! *hugs*

ROFLMAO, I can just picture you standing there chatting away while cinders and bits of burning stuff drop all around you.. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Thank goodness nothing bad happened though...
Old 09-16-2002, 06:04 PM   #9
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ouch! Hot plastic on the head, that has to hurt! Burn pains don't go away quickly either, maybe some cool water on the spot would help? Glad you are OK though, I guess it coulda been worse if you took longer noticing it. Be carful out there gal!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-16-2002, 06:09 PM   #10
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Glad you're ok Epona , but I cant get that song from south Pacific out of my head. "There ain't nothing like a claim " [img]smile.gif[/img]