Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2001, 01:40 PM   #51
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

250, how I enter the adventure?
I mean how do I start kill and stuff.
Old 11-17-2001, 02:12 PM   #52
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

quote:
Originally posted by Sir Byronas:
250, how I enter the adventure?
I mean how do I start kill and stuff.

it is most about Role playing

if you encounter an enemy, for example:

if there are two thugs caught you on street

I will give you the description:

Two men dressed in dirty smelly clothes checked you out as you walked towards them. One of the thugs gave you a big grin, front tooth missing. He fliped his shirt, showing the hilt of a knife, then said "hey ye got any spared jink?"

now you can give your choice:
turn around and run
talk your way out, try to scare the thugs
give money
try to negotiate and pay less
fight

if you choose to fight, you can basically design moves for yourself, tricks, (as long as it makes sense)

say
Bynaros unsheathed his two handed sword, and leaped toward the first thug. The clumsy thug waved his knife and made a flat cut. The paladin realizing his weapon's range advantage, quickly steped away, and began to assault from distance.

The thug wailed angrily "ye coward!" he rapidly thrush three times, serving no more purpose than to push you back. he yelled to his another companion "damn, by Mask's name, come help me ye dog!"

etc etc etc [img]smile.gif[/img]

not ALL fights are serious

you just give action, mainly I give you result
Old 11-17-2001, 03:22 PM   #53
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
[QB][/QB]

Dundee, does that mean you don't have that problem with Jahiera any more
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-17-2001, 04:32 PM   #54
Legolas
Jack Burton

[img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]
Basically, what it comes down to is this:
CCL (250) gives you a situation, you deal with it in a realistic way. Because you're in a party, the problem might be solved by someone else before you have time to step in, but there's always something to do. The most important thing is to keep in mind whatyour character can do, and what will give him trouble. And, keep your character's history in mind. They are the source of his/her motivation, and play a major part in how the character deals with situations.

And (hoping I'm not speaking too soon) everyone can join, just remember your character is not a god but a normal person. You're about level 5-8 and you can invent one or two magic items, but they shouldn't be overpowered.

And Byronas, we're not playing using the exact rules. CCL is not sitting behind the screen with charts and a D20 in hand. Just make sure you and CCL have a general idea of what your character can do and why. (If you're facing a bassilisk and it looks at you, you won't be petrified if you reply that Byronas quickly looked away, for example. There's no way CCL is going to say 'I rolled a 1 for your save, so you're turned to stone anyway' Leo's actually quite nice [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Now get it over with, we want fresh blood! Form up a party and meet us halfway through our journey, team up and waste some badguys :
Old 11-17-2001, 04:35 PM   #55
Legolas
Jack Burton

And we're not in the GD anymore, CCL. It's the Outer Reaches or OR (or was it the Old Road, or ...) now (which, purely by chance, begins with the same letters as 'Online Roleplaying' )

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 11-18-2001, 12:19 AM   #56
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Dundee, does that mean you don't have that problem with Jahiera any more

???? ????
Old 11-18-2001, 03:18 AM   #57
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Legolas, read the thread, dont worry. there is nothing confidential yet, and critical information will be handled accordingly. so no worry
Old 11-18-2001, 07:11 AM   #58
Legolas
Jack Burton

Will do [img]smile.gif[/img]

I take it that means Byronas and the others can also look into the other threads to see how we play (which, of course is not the right way, as there is no right way )
Old 11-18-2001, 08:15 AM   #59
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

hmm, they can read anything but private threads (spoil their own fun)

cloudy is asking me to handle private thread in emails or PM (no funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn, errrrrrrrrrr, I hate pm, the functions are so weak)
Old 11-18-2001, 08:59 AM   #60
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Legolas, thank you for taking up the explaining job, thanks a lot, yep, you cut to the point. thanks