Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2001, 03:21 PM   #31
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ziroc, apologies, my man! We were posting at about the same time, or I would have seen your post about the Perl limitations. Don't worry...I'm not about to insist that anything be changed!

I am glad I said what I did, though. It needed to be said (about the W&W vs BG thing). Not trying to start any wars, really! Just please do consider our point of view as well. When Wizardry 8 comes out, it is going to be a MAJOR force on this board, IMO, and it, too, is not in an AD&D universe.

We in Wizards & Warriors may be in the minority, but we're a strong minority...the 3rd most active forum behind BG2 and GD.

Cloudy: Luv, I've tried! I can't get the danged game to work on my machine! I had to do a full FDISK/REFORMAT/REINSTALL and load everything back on again, and it still won't work...grrrrrrr! It has to be a compatibility issue somewhere. I will keep trying, though.

Cheers (and no hard feelings, really!)

Old 05-18-2001, 03:22 PM   #32
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Yeah I think it's a great idea!!!! I second the motion.

Can we vote! please please

(Lets see if we hit 200 with two motions on the idea )

Just as long as it's not a pointless poll, eh?
LOL!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-18-2001, 03:24 PM   #33
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Ziroc, apologies, my man! We were posting at about the same time, or I would have seen your post about the Perl limitations. Don't worry...I'm not about to insist that anything be changed!

I am glad I said what I did, though. It needed to be said (about the W&W vs BG thing). Not trying to start any wars, really! Just please do consider our point of view as well. When Wizardry 8 comes out, it is going to be a MAJOR force on this board, IMO, and it, too, is not in an AD&D universe.

We in Wizards & Warriors may be in the minority, but we're a strong minority...the 3rd most active forum behind BG2 and GD.

Cloudy: Luv, I've tried! I can't get the danged game to work on my machine! I had to do a full FDISK/REFORMAT/REINSTALL and load everything back on again, and it still won't work...grrrrrrr! It has to be a compatibility issue somewhere. I will keep trying, though.

I agree, but I don't yet know how to make this forum specific. (I will look into it, I'll also love to do that, it'd be fun!!) I'll go look at infopop's website and see what mods are there to add..

Ziroc

Old 05-18-2001, 03:26 PM   #34
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Ah but it's not a Democracy over there. It's his turf remember.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 05-18-2001, 03:26 PM   #35
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Please do! I'll happily help if you have questions in the game! I've done the first two chapters quite a few times! LOL And there is NO shortage of help at BG2! I'm still trying to work out some free time to play W & W. I'm pretty busy lately, what with the nice weather and family visits starting!

Cloudy

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-18-2001, 03:27 PM   #36
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Tom wrote:
Quote:
Whats a LORD AO and a magister???????
Thank you, Tom. You just proved my point.
In answer to your question, I don't know either, except that Lord Ao is some high potentate in the BG2 world. I'm not sure what a Magister is.

Old 05-18-2001, 03:54 PM   #37
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Tom wrote:
In answer to your question, I don't know either, except that Lord Ao is some high potentate in the BG2 world. I'm not sure what a Magister is.

I'm LordAo. HAHAHAHA! top god in the pantheon, I'm told...and Saz...I don't know all of them either! I've read ONE book in the D&D area!

CloudAo

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever
Old 05-18-2001, 06:59 PM   #38
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerome:
Would be hilarious to see the likes of Biscuit King and SpamQueen up there...impratical though!

Hell yes all hail the biscuit king and his throne of scone!

------------------
Welcome to hell.
Old 05-18-2001, 07:06 PM   #39
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Hehehehe Caleb!

Well, Cloudy, I guess I'm going to find out...I FINALLY got BG2 to install and got it powered up! The interface is driving me nutso, though...I'm such a 1st person gamer. Can't you get everyone to walk together...I mean, isn't there like a "Group Objects" function like in MS Word or something? I'm getting dizzy switching from one to the other.

Oh, well, I'll figure it out. I just got killed by a bunch of little demon thingies, so I guess I'm right on schedule.

Old 05-18-2001, 07:07 PM   #40
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Tom wrote:

Would some kind of a reference thread/page to tell people what their title means be a good idea. I'm sure a lot of people don't, and would like to know the who wheres whats and whys of their title. I know I'm one of them.