Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2001, 02:41 PM   #1
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

I posted a suggestion in Melusine's "Poll,my new picture" thread in which I suggested that we opened a thread where one would post a pic of oneself.
I cant see it on my computer so I thought I'd post it again as a new topic.
It could add to the, and I quote 'family like feeling' here!

Just an idea, but tell me what you think!!
Old 02-20-2001, 02:49 PM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

methinks that if i posted my picture noone would speak to me again....

I dont think its required really: the way we all huddeled together today like a family when their electricity cuts shows we're enough of a community as it is.

Well thats my view anyway.
Old 02-20-2001, 02:49 PM   #3
Tobbin_OHF

I thought it was a good idea and I still do.

Tobbin aka Andrew

Hey Jerome. Nobody is gonna stop talking to you because you post your pic. If they do, then they are way too stuck up or immature anyways. Everyone is equal and I would like to think that everyone here is beyond being like that.

Old 02-20-2001, 02:57 PM   #4
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

You havent seen me in real life!
Old 02-20-2001, 03:06 PM   #5
Tobbin_OHF

Hey, I used to be a teen before. I doubt that you could look anything as bad as I used to when I was your age. OMG, I was like really fat with acne everywhere (and I do mean everywhere). Stumbled around a lot cause I hadn't gotten used to my longer legs yet, and really long hideous looking hair. I didn't really care much about how I looked until I met Debbie in the 11th grade. Then I lost all the weight and cleaned up the pizza on my face. Trust me, anyone drops you, just cause of what you look like, and they will be giving up knowing someone really worth knowing. (Hmmmmm. Never really thought about it, but maybe that's why Debbie liked me so much. She musta knew that I lost all that weight cause I was in love with her?)

Old 02-20-2001, 03:12 PM   #6
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Ah, well this place has become a safe haven for me. In the real-world i am either ingored, despised or just ridiculed outright, and thus has decimated my self confidence. The best rejection line i've heard (and there many a one to choose from) was simple: "YOU???"

Kinda sums it up really.
Old 02-20-2001, 03:19 PM   #7
Tobbin_OHF

Ok, fair enough. I remember how it was in high school. I didn't have much confidence either. I think you're being too critical of yourself though, because you have gained a great deal of friends in here, but I can respect how you feel. You are our King, after all. *BOWS DOWN TO THE CAPS LOCK KING*

Old 02-20-2001, 04:30 PM   #8
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Tobbin, at one time i was very deppressed, so much so that i thought about suicide daily.

Thankfully my friends were all supprotive and helped me to get through, but the people on this board aslo remined me that they offered supprot, regardless of looks, intelligence or mental state.

This is quite petty in compariosn isn't it!
Cheers anyhow!
Old 02-20-2001, 05:17 PM   #9
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

okidoki, I'll put it here to:
BTW not girlfriend, just friend

Old 02-20-2001, 07:37 PM   #10
Tobbin_OHF

Hey, Vicotnik, you need to repost as you had the old link there. Let's try to keep the pics here so we can find em easier.