Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2004, 08:55 PM   #1
thefreekinshizznit

Yo fellas....... what warhammers would be good to dual wield with a barbarian?

Shizz master
Old 12-07-2004, 09:02 PM   #2
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmm Crom Faeyr is good though it would be good if you told us what your other party members are and where abouts in Amn you are so we can see whats near by.

!!!!!SPOLIERS!!!!

Also there is a list here of all the clubs and Warhammers that you can find.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-07-2004, 09:26 PM   #3
supercowman
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok first of all what exactly is a master of the shizz? ummmm DEFINATELY Crom Faeyr.... you probably want it in your off hand because of it's wonderful Troll killing capabilities and making your strength 25... AHEM!!! can someone say awesome? but I don't know any other ones. ok actually I shanged my mind... if you have TOB you should get the runehammer =5 in main hand and crom faeyr in off hand

by the way WELCOME TO IRONWORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ 12-07-2004, 09:49 PM: Message edited by: supercowman ]
Old 12-07-2004, 11:18 PM   #4
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

If you don't mind "cheating" a bit, I would recommend using ShadowKeeper to give your barbarian a second Hammer of Thunderbolts after you get Crom Faeyr. I did that with Minsc in my first BG2 game and changed his proficiency from 2-hand sword to warhammer.

HE ROCKED!!!!!!

And he also mowed down just about any monster we met after that. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

If you don't want to cheat, then I would recommend either Gnasher (+2 club that also imbeds slivers in the target, causing extra damage for the next couple of rounds and preventing spellcasting), or Blackblood (+3 {IIRC} that does extra acid damage to the target). Either of these is good (though I like the slivers from Gnasher since they prevent spellcasting (the damage over the next rounds is automatic). Also, if you install the Weidu Item Upgrade Mod, these two clubs (both of which you can get in Trademeet) can be combined to produce a most wicked weapon (Pritchke +5 club, imbeds slivers, does extra acid damage AND gives wielder 25% immunity to acid).

Those are the best suggestions I have.
Old 12-08-2004, 04:19 AM   #5
Riftmaker
Elminster

It's 25% resistance to acid, not immunity. You can't have partial immunity to something, that's kind of an oxymoron.

IMHO, cheating = t3h b4d.

But that's just me.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:12 AM   #6
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Riftmaker:
It's 25% resistance to acid, not immunity. You can't have partial immunity to something, that's kind of an oxymoron.

IMHO, cheating = t3h b4d.

But that's just me.
I don't read alpha-numeric, so "t3h b4d" doesn't mean anything to me.

As for the rest, yes, it is your opinion. Mine is different.